Pit Stop is coming home SOON!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

rlaggren

Re: Pit Stop is coming home SOON!

Post by rlaggren »

Aw, Lois. We can all tell he really _is_ a Dear! <g>
yugogypsy

PIT STOP UPDATE

Post by yugogypsy »

Well Dear Pit Stop has side windows made of 6 mil greenhouse plastic and is stuffed from stem to stern with stuff we've cleaned up.

So is Mercy, and Mercy needs a roof prop! :shock:

At least they both got floors this summer and now Pit Stop has windows.

Things are winding down for the year up here, I was going to take another holiday, but got the flu, so I'm sitting here supervising Rick when he's home and sleeping when he's not

Hugs to All
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

> Bash On Regardless!

Lois, you're quite inspirational! <g> And _somebody_ has to supervise. <G>

We're having a real Indian Summer here in Chicago (and in SF before I left a week ago). Hope the same for you guys.

Cheers, Rufus
Headache

Post by Headache »

Hope you get well soon! Progress is good!

Have you heard from Ezra recently? I'd like to know how things are coming along for her as well.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Ezrablu ain't talking to me.

I asked 3 others who shall remain unnamed-(only naming EB because you asked for her) besides her for advice and they ALL said what I DIDN"T want to hear.

Since then, we don't talk.

Pit Stop is getting a tidy up today because I am home and can make sure Rick is working on her--not sitting in a corner pouting

And Hey gang, the adoption reunion registry found my big sister's family,

I've got 3 nieces 2 nephews 4 great nieces and a great nephew!!!!!! :!: :D

but big sis died in a car crash in '79 :cry:

But I have my nieces and nephews and they're great!!

Loits of news, I haven't been on much lately.

Hey Stuart, thanks for fixing whatever was going on with my login, it stopped

HUGS
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Headache

Post by Headache »

That's too bad a fallout happened. When I ask questions of anyone I have no expectations of what they will answer with because I want their honest opinion. I don't want anyone to answer with what they think I want to hear because then it wouldn't be honest. If I'm feeling sensitive or otherwise not in the mood for brutal honesty I won't ask at all. It wouldn't be fair to anyone. I have to rely on people being honest with me because I can become too emotional and make mountains out of molehills. However, I'm not one to allow opinion to sway me from something I believe I can accomplish despite the odds.

Like my truck, everyone said I was way over my head on this and technically they were right. However, I do have a bullheaded tenacity when I want to accomplish something that overrides their opinion. In 2-2 1/2 weeks my truck will be a legal and liveable RV. It won't be anywhere near close to being done, but as long as I have a place to tinkle, sleep and a working fridge, it's livable. :wink:
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

I do have a bullheaded tenacity when I want to accomplish something that overrides their opinion. (Quote from Headache)

So do I and while I won't say I'm winning, I'm gaining ground :)

Time, LOVE and compromise will do the rest (yes this is all about someone I love)

I've already been to see my Sweetie & am going again soon and as soon as he can unlock the old "ball & chain" its US, like it was meant to be since I was 13 & he was 15 and then too much life got in the way.

We BOTH want this, so it's just a matter of time and patience :)

HUGS
Lois
PS, thanks for supporting my threads
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

All wrapped up in heavy plastic for winter now. Pit Stop is a very happy bus. The old girl hasn't had this much attention in 21 years! :shock:

But she seems to like it :)

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

While cleaning the woodshed we found a lovely single bed headboard with the dogwood, our provincial flower carved in it.

I decided that it will be my bed in Pit Stop. I found a frame and spring, just need to make a footboard to match the headboard and put a light stain on all the wood to protect it.

We're going ahead slowly with the house, we take panels off, put in new insulation and put up the vapor barrier and leave the panels off.

The bathtub is out and there was NO rot in the wall-HURRAY :D

Heavy house cleaning this weekend because we've promised a bunch of stuff to the thrift store for next Thurs.

As I go I'm finding things to use in Pit Stop and putting them away. All the extra baskets and other things are getting put away for use in the garden next year.

I want to do some strawbale gardening and Rick is being lazy about it, because he hates weeding.

Rick can't see that I'm trying to save him a sore back from digging new garden beds! :screwy:

Sure will be glad when I can scoop up my sweetie from 120 miles away and have him here to visit, only possible in winter because he's a construction worker.

So the next outside project is cleaning and covering my little camper because it's leaking :(

When the bathroom is re-done next year I'll be able to use my carport again. Right now I'm using it to store my bathroom fixtures--which I thought I'd be using this year. I want to build something on my 14 ft trailer frame when the carport is empty

Oh well, projects always go slower around here than I'd like anyhow. :banghead:

We have gotten a lot of stuff out to the dump and had a bonfire, but I would have liked it if Rick had gotten more done in the yard this year. He didn't even get our whole garden dug up so we are short on vegetables for winter and will have to buy them. :(

We did get bumper crops of plums, rhubarb, and strawberries, but humans do not live by fruit alone.

I'm going to try some new things in the garden this year and Pit Stop is still going to have a garden too. having just part of her front frame to work with supports 1 large and 2 small planters :)

My dear multi-purpose, multi-tasking bus :D

Cheers
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Rick says he knows how to get the doors off, because NO way on earth will we ever get them unseized.

Looks like we are going to be doing our scrap hauling ourself as our scrap guy is sick. :(

Right now I've put Rick to work in the bathroom, scraping up the old tiles and then he'll have to scrub the floor.

I'm going to be taking off more bits of trim later and I have to get Rick to pull 2 sheets of paneling and 2 closet doors in the bathoom.

Then I have to pack up all the stuff in those closets and put it away. One closet is going to be eliminated as it hangs over the basement stairwell and if you're more than 5'9" tall, you whack your head on it when you go downstairs.

This house is a nightmare, after this, Pit Stop and Mercy are going to be super easy.

I really do need more help and right now no one is available.

Rob put his Jeep on it's side on Oct 26th and is working on that, Frank moved away and Jay is busy renovating Jim's kitchen. So help is in short supply.

Somehow all this work will get done, but if you hear screaming or see clouds of steam go by, it's just me getting mad at Rick again.

I sure hope I gain enough weight over winter to do a lot of the work to Pit Stop myself--or it won't get done.

Rick will work like a trooper for anyone who pays him, but grumbles and whines when I want something done.

Sorry for my grumbles gang but this project has been going on for over a year now and not much is getting done :banghead:

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
splummer

Post by splummer »

gee lois ,sounds to me rick is doing fine , chill out on him, if he packs his bag and hits the road then nothing gets done, sorry to rant but just my 2 cents, youhave been hard on him
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Splummer, check your PM's for my answer.

There is a reason Rick is this way. he's a little :screwy: and when you read my PM to you, you'll understand

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Pit Stop now has a 6mm poly windshield and despite the frost and snow, the chard and kale in her tub garden are still growing.

Can't wait for Spring when we can work on her and Mercy some more. They may just be large additions to storage space for now, but that will change come Spring

Cheers
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Just downloaded some Vardo plans from Tumbleweed and I'm going to see if I can adapt them to my van. :?:

I already know how I'm furnishing Pit Stop, and Mercy is going to continue as a garden shed. Just have to re-arrange the stuff she's storing.

Pit Stop will be a great second greenhouse when I can get a door on her and put the woodstove in. :D

Now that I have 10 more family members, 2 of whom are going to share my garden, I need more space for planting starts and Pit Stop will have that when I get the counter put in-the counter is coming out of the bathroom-recycling the house fixtures to bus fixtures :)

My house has a clutter problem :oops: and I'm dealing with it a little at a time. But I'd better speed up because I need the wiring done come February so I can have lights :idea: run out to Pit Stop, Mercy, and my greenhouse.

New greenhouse in the works too, going to be a busy time in the next 2 and 1/2 months.

Cheers
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Due to unforeseen circumstances, this topic has lost several of the most recent posts! :banghead: