Pit Stop is coming home SOON!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I am filling in for Lois until her computer gets repaired. Here's an email I received this morning. It was titled, "Girls And Their Buses".

Hey Rudy, I think you're right about me & Ezrablu being friends, I just had an email from her & we both plan to use denim to make curtains, quilts, & cushion covers for our buses. I'm getting dorm mattresses like she did & making cushions out of them. I have to hunt up the rest of my denim scraps too. Ezrablu & I both knit too & I crochet. I'm making a knitted blanket for my kid & a crocheted blanket for me. I do a lot of other crafts too & would love to travel & sell my crafts when the house is done & I can afford a small bus that moves.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here's a pic of the power plug wires that are malfunctioning on Lois's computer.

Got love? Give love.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

I'm up & down according to how the computers feeling, can't post from Blackberry unless I can find Wifi signal.

Love ya All

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I just got this email from Lois.

Thanks for filling in for me while my computer is up and down. I can only run it for a few minutes before it shuts off. I managed to post this morning. Hope all is going well there. I understand about moving, because I'll have to practically move everything out while the wiring is being done and some of the structural repairs. Hugs to you and pats to the dogs, Lois
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

From Lois.

Hi Rudy, In my cleaning up I found a cotton moving blanket, perfect for stuffing a quilt & I have a bunch of denim to cover it & a flannel sheet for the back. I'm going to trace the Bluebird logo on my bus & embroider it in the middle of the quilt. That will be tomorrow, today I am knitting. Someone on the forum asked what make of bus Pit Stop is, she's a 1964 Ford, sporting 2 escape doors, one on the drivers side and one at the rear. Look on page 22 of Rolling Homes, she used to look like that, but with the escape door half-way down the drivers side, that model Bluebird body had an option of which side the centre escape door could be & you can see it on Pit Stop. Take Care, hugs, Lois ps: post this please so whoever wanted the make info sees it
Got love? Give love.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Hey,
I would cut the end off the female power cord, and the end off the male power socket in the computer, skin back the wires and simply use wire nuts to join them, then cover with electrical tape.
DF
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

The front end of the bus getting cut off for a trailer hitch.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

An email from Lois.

Hi Rudy, If I get the size bus I want I won't have much storage space. I have a 14ft travel trailer frame I could build into a storage toad. I'll send you a picture tomorrow. I think it has good potential for a trailer with fold up sides & storage drawers or tool compartments. Hugs to you & pats to the dogs, Lois
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

An email from Lois.

Tomorrow will also be a guided tour by photo of Pit Stop. I will show you where my wood stove is going, where I'm going to put the counters etc. Hoping to do the door skin over insulation treatment to the ceiling , but I have to leave a hole for the vent in the middle. Stove pipe is going out through a sheet of metal inserted in the driver's side windshield hole & I am going to have Rick frame in a regular window on the other side. Tomorrow I'll tell you the rest. Including the scoop on the paint job. Hugs, Lois
Got love? Give love.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

I call those pics, "Pit Stop's Nose Job"

I just got up and have a few things to do and then will head outside with my camera.

HUGS Everyone
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Lois, are you back? Is your computer working?
Got love? Give love.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

No Rudy, still up & down

Dualfuel--that is what the dumbkoff did who put this pvc together, I'm not repeating his nonsense.

I'd better get off before this thing quits again

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
tamangel
Roving Reporter

Post by tamangel »

Rudy wrote:From Lois.
Someone on the forum asked what make of bus Pit Stop is, she's a 1964 Ford, sporting 2 escape doors, one on the drivers side and one at the rear. Look on page 22 of Rolling Homes, she used to look like that, but with the escape door half-way down the drivers side, that model Bluebird body had an option of which side the centre escape door could be & you can see it on Pit Stop.
page 22 from Rolling Homes..

Mike
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Mike, thanks for posting the pic. I was thinking of doing the same thing. That's quite a contraption on the roof.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Email from Lois.

Hi Rudy, When I turn my computer on I have about 20 min before it clicks off, so I forward important email to my phone, drop in at Sharkey's & then shut it off again.
But I'm getting lots of knitting done! Boring as that is, when I finish this scarf I have a blanket to finish knitting, a blanket to finish crocheting + a quilt to start.
Trying to keep busy & positive.
Hugs, Lois
Got love? Give love.