Pit Stop is coming home SOON!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

I call those pics, "Pit Stop's Nose Job"

I just got up and have a few things to do and then will head outside with my camera.

HUGS Everyone
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Lois, are you back? Is your computer working?
Got love? Give love.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

No Rudy, still up & down

Dualfuel--that is what the dumbkoff did who put this pvc together, I'm not repeating his nonsense.

I'd better get off before this thing quits again

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
tamangel
Roving Reporter

Post by tamangel »

Rudy wrote:From Lois.
Someone on the forum asked what make of bus Pit Stop is, she's a 1964 Ford, sporting 2 escape doors, one on the drivers side and one at the rear. Look on page 22 of Rolling Homes, she used to look like that, but with the escape door half-way down the drivers side, that model Bluebird body had an option of which side the centre escape door could be & you can see it on Pit Stop.
page 22 from Rolling Homes..

Mike
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Mike, thanks for posting the pic. I was thinking of doing the same thing. That's quite a contraption on the roof.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Email from Lois.

Hi Rudy, When I turn my computer on I have about 20 min before it clicks off, so I forward important email to my phone, drop in at Sharkey's & then shut it off again.
But I'm getting lots of knitting done! Boring as that is, when I finish this scarf I have a blanket to finish knitting, a blanket to finish crocheting + a quilt to start.
Trying to keep busy & positive.
Hugs, Lois
Got love? Give love.
tamangel
Roving Reporter

Post by tamangel »

sounds like a cooling problem of some sort.. your internal fan working OK?

Mike
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

I's sitting here next to it it with the case off and fans are running just fine, but thanks for the suggeststio.

Lois (popping in-popping out)
Bash On Regardless!
tamangel
Roving Reporter

Post by tamangel »

add another fan..like a regular house fan..sounds like the internal fan can't handle the heat.. is the power supply hot to the touch..?

Mike
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Lois

If your PC is NOT a Dell, you can keep an eye out for old PC's sitting at the curb (or elsewhere) going to recycle. Grab one or two, plug in your keyboard and monitor and see what happens - mostly you want to see if the thing will boot and stay lit for a few hours. Even if it has nothing on it except the motherboard you can start it and go to the "bios" (usually hit the Delete key while booting) and let it sit there for a few hours. If it's still alive after that the power supply is probably working OK and you can take it out and install it in your own machine. Or you can just try switching the power supply right off if it doesn't have video available and see what happens.

I'm assuming here that _all_ the fans in your PC are running...? In particular the one(s) mounted on the mother board above the CPU chip. You might try going into the Bios on your own machine (probably hit Delete while booting) and go to "PC Health" or some menu item like that and look at the temperatures. The CPU chip s/b running at a temperature less than 55 C, IIRC. Watch it for a while and if it just keeps going up up and away, that's probably at least part of your problem. Look more closely at the fan on the chip and make sure it's really running.

Luck. Rufus
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

PC is Asus P4 Terminator, very proprietory, hard to get parts for. Power supply is very warm, not hot, to touch, has case fan as no fan on power supply, is running better with case off, CPU fan also okay, going to leave it and just use as necessary until I can afford another computer. Checked prices today.

Lois
PS, also had to blow a lot of dust out of it, that seems to have helped too
Bash On Regardless!
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Well, if you're planning on changing machines, you may want to start backing stuff up, at least the stuff you hope to see again. That can include things that don't have an obvious home like your bookmarks - you have to "export" them to somewhere you can find them before you can make a backup.

I mention this because people use their PC's so often they just take it for granted and then don't remember all the little things they stashed on disk - and so when the time comes, they don't remember a lot of things before their old machine does its final abort.

Rufus
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Maybe something like this will keep your computer working.

Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

hahaha! :D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Lois is coming back soon.
Got love? Give love.