Lucky Guy!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Crawdads are fantastic!! Ain't nothing better than a crawfish boil.

Splummer,
Wasn't there an old story about if you love something, let it go. If it doesn't return, then track it down, shoot it and eat it??

Just kidding.... I do like hunting, but it's fine with me if someone doesn't.
splummer

Post by splummer »

crawdads :D not sure if i heard that old story tho. just might try gator ,i think i can get it up here , on man now iam hungry and i just ate breakfast :D
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

Since this is the LUCKY GUY thread, got a update on the 94 Surburban that was stole, after having to have it towed from the scrap yard it was sold to or could have just left it there and GAVE THEM the title for the vehicle. LOL like that would ever happen, it is now in my driveway, they stole the 454 motor, 4 speed O/D transmission, both drive shafts front and rear, aluminum rims and tires, seats, spare tire, busted out all the windows, and basically destroyed a decent vehicle. good news of coarse they got the guy that took it there and sold it for scrap, and he sang all the way to the police station, the person's that did the motor and transmission extraction, left greasy finger prints all over the doors and fenders, they didn't even have to dust the prints they left such good ones. It just breaks my heart that the thieves are looking at grand theft auto charges, I just hope they are ALL IN JAIL SOON, it may just keep me out of trouble.
James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
dburt

Post by dburt »

Perhaps if we went back to old fashioned frontier justice we could shortly eliminate thieves, or at least cut way back on the breed. But with our revolving door policy that infects most of our criminal injustice system, there are few negative consequences to be afraid of for most of the bottom feeders- therefore they feel quite free to steal from honest folks. :x

I always felt that vigilante justice had a positive influence on society- if nothing else it helped to clean the gene pool every now and then. :D

Where is Judge Roy Bean when we need him? :shock:
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

dburt...Judge Roy Bean is one of my not so distant relatives! My grandmother on my dad's side was a Bean...Judge Roy Bean was her uncle. My family belongs to the Southern Bean Association.

I have several "famous" relatives. Endora from the original Bewitched series was my great grandmothers sister (she was a Moorehead).

I'm also related to Shelton Brothers Gang from southern Illinois. (my great grandparents first cousins). My grandma used to tell me stories about them. Both she and my grandpa were born and living down there "those" days. I spent a lot of time down there as a kid, too. We also lived in Georgia....all my family roots run very southern. My daddy moved my family way up north here back in the early 70's but all our family are still in the south.

I have a very "colorful" history that seems to continue even up through this generation of family :D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Crawfish ettouffe - heaven on earth!

Alligator is good, too.
And octopus.

Once upon a time in a century far far away, you could buy whale meat in little cans like sardines. I tried it in oil and in bar-b-que sauce. Fantastic stuff. May have to go to Japan sometime just to get to eat some again.

Oh, and SNAILS!! I love snails!!!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

:thumbup: on the Crawfish ettouffe (or shrimp ettouffe)....wow I love that stuff but I haven't made it in a long time.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Headache

Post by Headache »

graydawg wrote:Since this is the LUCKY GUY thread, got a update on the 94 Surburban that was stole,
I'm so glad some justice will be had over this. Now that you have the carcass back, what are your plans with it?
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

That is good news they caught the thief James...sorry to hear it didn't make it back to you in very good shape.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

THEY ARE NOT IN JAIL YET, They just have the guy that sold it to the scrap yard, but with the charges of grand theft auto over his head I am pretty sure he will be willing to talk, I have neighbors that watched everything and probably related says " I's not seen nothin " typical BS, but with all the fingerprints from whoever remove the motor and tranny the police should get to the bottom of it.
The scrap yard started out wanting me to buy it from them for the $290 they paid the guy that brought it in, I laughed at the owner of the scrap yard and told him that was not going to happen. I held the title and registration up and told him I did not need to buy something I already owned, and now that we have that straight, then he wanted me to accept $290 for the vehicle and he would get his money back from the thief that ""unknowingly"" sold a stolen vehicle that lied and told the scrap yard it was a 87 surburban, and not a 94 model, of coarse that was to mix things up, and get it crushed before anyone discovered there B.S., anyway I had to hire a tow truck to get it out of there with no wheels on it. more $$ losses, to add up on me.
They destroyed a nice vehicle, and it sure did run good, and I would have probably been better off leaving it at the scrap yard, but also knew they would still make more money off it, Its a shame the world tolerates thieves, in TURKEY they would cut a hand off for stealing.
James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

wow James. What a story...sorry this has happened to you. The last thing you need to add to your health problems is more stress. Be sure you tell the cops/judge about the scrap people making that offer to you.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
splummer

Post by splummer »

ezrablu wrote::thumbup: on the Crawfish ettouffe (or shrimp ettouffe)....wow I love that stuff but I haven't made it in a long time.
:D making me hungry make some and e mail me some plesae :D
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

lol....man, I REALLY wish it worked like that...I'd be munching on some of those pancakes Dennis makes :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

Lucky Guy

Post by yugogypsy »

Yeah, and I'd be begging Dennis for an omelet,

@ Ezrablu-please check your PM's & email. Things have settled down some but I'm still peeved.

@splummer--come up this way next April & I'll show you my favorite crawdad spot

@ James-- Real sorry about your truck and did you talk to Mary in AR yet?

@ Rudy--thanks for the email this morning, glad to hear you are just about ready to go

@ALL of you--if you're coming to see me-the Cascade Mountains are in the way, so take Pacific Coast route if unsure about some hills.

:) Lois
Bash On Regardless!