Older Motorhomes

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

yugogypsy

Older Motorhomes

Post by yugogypsy »

Yeah, like driving a loaf of bread that needs shock absorbers!

It's in serious need of a re-vamp,,not to mention a cool paint job!

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

That's a real cute li'l rig, lots of potential there! 8)
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
tamangel
Roving Reporter

Post by tamangel »

Lois, Since you have a flat front end on your GMC base MH, , look around at other flat front vehicles and see what headlight grill combo you could switch it to. Definitely keep people guessing..! Also, square box = square house...shingles all the way around..? although the loaf of bread idea look might be appealing...

or:

http://www.detailbest.com/images/ups_pimped.jpg

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2007 ... trucks-go/

http://www.kwyjibo.com/rv/

others..?

Mike
yugogypsy

Older Motorhomes

Post by yugogypsy »

I wish it had the streamlined front end of the Aspen, it's murder in a headwind, body is ALL fibreglas so options are limited, but at the very least it needs a much cooler paint job.

And NO lemon yellow like his Yammy FZR100--bad luck, first night after he finished the paint & decals he was showing off for his 20 year old cherry chick and wiped out! (never admitted it, but I know what happened :wink: )

I'll find something on the internet that he might like, and show him my books.

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Older Motorhomes

Post by yugogypsy »

Hi All,

I gave my pal a fan for his motorhome bathroom, and I'm going to keep bugging him about the composting toilet.

Tomorrow is his day off, so hopefully I can bug him into installing the fan.

I sent him the link to the pictures of his Fleury here, and he said he snooped around the site a bit and saw a few things that interested him, but didn't tell me what! :lol:

I really think if he replaced the bunk with something in a lighter material it would help a lot, or just have hammocks that fold away under the seats for the table during the day, would be better than that HEAVY metal framed bunk on top at the front, better visibility too.

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Well Lois, you know what they say about men: Most of us appreciate domestic class and style about as much as a bear appreciates pajamas!

Rufus
yugogypsy

Older Motorhomes

Post by yugogypsy »

He's learning Rufus, but I've been working on this one for 12 years :lol: and he's starting to realize I do make good sense sometimes!

Question for our techies, how would you put a porch on a rig like that Fleury?

Table is at the back and benches go all the way around, plus it has a spare tire compartment at the back.

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Cool bus.

Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Nice
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
southpier

Post by southpier »

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

A couple of crazy looking buses from the link above.

Got love? Give love.
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

I like the one with the king-sized headlights. Somebody clearly had way too much fun. <g>

Rufus
dburt

Post by dburt »

The blue old custom bus with the old Nash Rambler grill 'tail light' fins has the top half of about a '48-'54 Hudson Hornet or Pacemaker car grafted on the front roof of the bus. I wonder if the driver was supposed to drive from up there?? This has to be one of the most original custom buses I have ever seen. Yes, it's a little on the rough side, but it sure shows some creativity :lol:
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

It reminded me of a old Buick or Chevy product, with the enlarged tail fins, love the nostalgia of the older vehicles, most of them looked like they were going to take off in flight and needed the tail fins. At least back then you could tell what manufacture built the car, I have not owned many cars in my life, always 4x4 trucks, vans, and 4 x 4 blazers have been my long term daily drivers, always liked the versatility of being able to haul stuff. I deffinately loved the pics here though. In Biloxi, Ms. at Keesler AFB a guy had a early 60's caddilac hearse he converted to a party car, big stereo and amps for his band, even had a Keg Cooler, you could get a large keg of Budweiser at the NCO club for $26 back then, there was always a contribution jar of some type, and it never cost much to have a party. The barracks had a party fund box, and it was always going, and never a dull moment, There were some pretty good musicians always around, everyone played hard, but when there was a mission, it was military time then, and things got serious. We worked hard and played hard, I regret now not having taken many photos, but it really wasn't important back then.
James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Did you notice the wings in the back of that band bus?
Got love? Give love.