do standard van also fit in on this forum too?

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

dragonhorseboy

do standard van also fit in on this forum too?

Post by dragonhorseboy »

lets say an E150 that is semi-camperized....will it fit as a housevan (as in its a van not bus this time) or nah? *grins* :D

dragonhorseboy...
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

well, lets see it!! :)
dragonhorseboy

Post by dragonhorseboy »

you'll have to wait a few days

I need to figure going to toronto by tuesday night or better earlier and pick up the van from there (after fill the transfer papers)

had like over 185,??? km on its odometer or something like that but still it seem solid with only some rust being the rain trough joints on side of roof. whole rear has a wood-frame bed with futon mattress and the middle seat row is still there but removeable in case.

not much storage space I guess but its been used by a young coupe so I guess that me alone with books/magazines could fit in the van easily anyhow :)

most interesting thing is..its been running on propane usually but still has a gas tank to switch over to in case.
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

sounds cool!!
you probubly could get/ make a roof rack for storing things that arent really important/ sensitive. And youll just have to be really creative with the inside. If you have it, look at "some turtles have nice shells" pg 120 (a really cool step-van conversion) & "Rolling Homes" pgs 42-47. If I build another rolling home while still in the city, I will probably try the step-van approach. I just cant find a real classy old one!!
anyway good luck!!
dadeo
dragonhorseboy

Post by dragonhorseboy »

hmm the roof is flat..no mounts/whatever provided

I think I'll just stuff books/magazines under bed at rear....put dry food on floor behind driver seat....laptop on rubber pad on the flat console top up front....cds in minature crates on the floor space between driver and passenger feet (hehe :D).....tools/kits on middle-row left seat....etc

would be amusing to see how the van look like when its fully loaded out to hit the long highways *grins*

of course... :roll: there is the issue of how much is too much in a small vehicle and that there's no toilets meaning I would have to use the one at service stops, parks, or if urgently enough then on the side of the road :D :D
loaf

housevan

Post by loaf »

hey! good to see I am not the only one! I am converting a old short chevyvan into a camper/van useing stuff from an old motorhome. its not your standard campervan, different but cool and kinda retro. I have some "in process" pictures that aint too good, been working on it for the last month or so. when I get it more completed I can post some pictures if anyones interested.
jay4now

small vans

Post by jay4now »

Hey Ive been living in my old vw bus for the past 6months now. Once you start living in your vehicle you begin to start to notice the signs to look for other people sleeping in their cars. I know a man that has been going through chevy and ford vans for over 20yrs.
But already you must remember what everyone else always mentions.... space. With a smaller vehichle you must be really creative with your space. Always remember that enertia will have things flying and rolling around in no time.

Jay.
Willy

Post by Willy »

Think "Expandible".. as in pop tops side panels etc. If you don't want to design it yourself, just get it from a campervan at the wreckers. I've kinda got something like that in mind for myself. A stealth-mobile that slips in and then GROWS into a palace on wheels. ...Willy.
Live simply and be natural.