propane fridge

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

allaboard

propane fridge

Post by allaboard »

Gentlemen-

I would like to thank you for the help and knowledge with the propane fridge that I scavenged from a 70's camper. It appears that the propane system is at least opperational. The electrical heating element needs to be replaced but as Greydawg (a special thank you))suggested ,I did confirm that the cooling unit is still operational. It is of the older varity and requires
extra leveling consideration ,but it does work. Next, replacing the electric heating element and a good tune up... Unfortunately this dictates a new refurbishing of the interior which is probably a given, you never are satisfied with your first attempt.

Are any of these parts still avaliable through Dometic ?
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I don't know if parts are available, but I dug out a old propane/ electric fridge and it still works on electric didn't hook up propane to it. It is in Shreveport, La if anyones interested.

James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Headache

Post by Headache »

What size is it graydawg? Does it have a freezer section as well?
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

It is what most folks call a dormitory type 40 inches tall, just 1 single door and a ice section across the top of it. wouldn't be worth shipping and it is a older unit, at least 15 years old, but still works now, how long it would last would be another question, I have had and used it as a temp. for probably 8 or 9 years, just don't have storage for it anymore, and hate to see it go to waste.
James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Headache

Post by Headache »

Copy that! I'm going to end up putting in darn near a full size fridge/freezer to keep me and the cat frisky.