Birthday Bus Inn

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

yugogypsy

Birthday Bus Inn

Post by yugogypsy »

To all of you who can get here, my birthday is Wednesday June 15th and this year I want to have a whopper of a party--and shut down at midnight like the by-laws say to----not 2 A.M.

My neighbours did it again :x --time for a Bus Inn. (James idea)

The yard is ready, the BBQ is getting cleaned this week, and I'm going to stock up the food cupboards.

So , You are ALL invited,, no gifts necessary, just byob if you drink.

Love
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
splummer

Post by splummer »

hi lois ,would like to make it out but with the fuel prices on the rise it doesnt look like its happening ,sorry to hear about your pain in the ass neighbors,myneighbors are far away and thats the best neighbors to have . hope all can get out there and have a happy b day. but i have to say my neighbors most likly would say th same about me also. :lol: :lol:
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
dburt

Post by dburt »

Too bad you live so far away Lois, sounds like it will be a regular blowout, and more fun the a barrel of drunk monkeys! :D I'll try to at least get there in spirit- if I can't get there in person!
Jesper The Dane

Post by Jesper The Dane »

Hi Louis, my birthday is June 14th. Pretty close, ehh?! :)

My son went to America last year travelling coast to coast with friends in a car. He came home with a lot of pictures, and new, great friends.

When he finishes he's first part of university in 3 years time, we are planning on travelling together, and visit some of the places he went. I will go on an open ticket, and stay for a little longer to maybe meet up with some bus-people...! :)
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

Lois you really have to watch out, taking ideas from such radical folks, they can get you in trouble quick, their off the wall thinking might help sometimes, if nothing else satisfaction gained. I just got a notice from the city of Shreveport, La. department of property standards about my inoperable vehicle that was stolen and striped about a month ago and returned to me at my expense of coarse. I did not see any mention of the inoperable motorhome sitting beside it, the 4 abandoned trailer houses in the park complete with busted out windows, one even has 2 crackheads inhabiting it, grass 5 foot high, electric that is so out of code its dangerous, and a sewer systen that allows for overflow consistantly. I wander where this is going to go, I know a move is in the near future for me at least.
James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

dburt wrote:Too bad you live so far away Lois, sounds like it will be a regular blowout, and more fun the a barrel of drunk monkeys! :D I'll try to at least get there in spirit- if I can't get there in person!
Since when is OREGON Far Away?--pfft--if my Uncle could get here from there (Coos Bay)--so can you--if you really want to--no sarcasm, just stating fact--

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
dburt

Post by dburt »

Yeah, you're right Lois, Oregon is alot closer then some of the other folks!
It's just that works been slow, and income minimal, and fuel prices high- sort of a 'critical mass situation' with me caught in the middle. Maby I should play the lottery? :roll:
yugogypsy

Birthday Bus Inn

Post by yugogypsy »

We're all in the same boat, my disability income just pays the bills most months :roll: and leaves us minimal for grocery money-hence we grow a garden.

We'd be a lot worse off if we didn't

I understand, believe me I do :!:

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Jesper The Dane

Post by Jesper The Dane »

I hope you all will see better times around the next bend... I really do. ;)

What really impresses me with people is not their wealth, huge cars, houses or possesions. I get really impressed when I see people coping with small means, making do with whatever they got... That's really amazing!

many examples of that is on this site. Sharkeys pusher, Lois farm bustrailer, Rudy's bus and all the other fantastic vehicles and things posted here, that evolves into useables!!

Life has tought me more than once that real gems most often don't come in shiny packings. One has to look into things real good to see the true value... :)

I have been rich on money twice in my life, and lost everything twice too. Money is a mean, not a goal. I can't buy back my good health which I lost during the years in the fast lane, with all the money in the world. I can't buy the love from my wife and my children with all the gold either. True values wants nothing but your time and effort.

Things will come! :wink:

Jesper
yugogypsy

Birthday Bus Inn

Post by yugogypsy »

Tomorrow is the big day & I am still sick

Ah well, another day older and deeper in debt

See my house disaster thread, it ain't getting better

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
splummer

Post by splummer »

hey lois have a happy birthday tommorrow ,hope you feel better this friggen cold has hit us up here , almost done with it , steve
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

ON DEBT
DON"T WORRY
BE HAPPY WITH A SMILEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o0ExGXf ... re=related

James in da GRAYDAWG
PS I will give the post office your address to send bills too, when I crank up and move, no sense in us both worrying.
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Happy Birthday, Lois!!
Wish we could be there to help celebrate!
Instead we are enjoying the heat wave. 98/99 every day for the last two weeks. Big storm last night, but only lasted couple of hours. Waiting for fall, now!

graydawg,
I had a similar complaint on a car and after talking to the city guy, found that a cheap car cover and 4 tires that were not flat were all that he was looking at. Yours may be that easy, too.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I finished stripping the good parts off it. that Suburban was a old border patrol 1 ton, I knew it was tough built, but man it was overbuilt and got it moved after 2 extenstions, in other words the asshole, me didn't kill myself doing it, as he originally requested, this rinky dink trailer park is situated between a wrecking yard and a wrecker service with wrecking yard, so not a eyesore for anyone and the wrecking yards didn't call, in fact using one's equipment to haul it to the scale with. I offered it to them and they told me to use their trailer and get some cash out of it. He stays on the park for grass cutting, they usually cut it when it gets about 4' high, so its a normal patrol for him, he was actually pretty decent after he realized I could and would show my ass, I am sure the 45 on my hip had no influence with his immediant niceness. I am getting ready to move from here, but will not be scared off by the local tribe. Looking at several places, but trying to get on a lake or river, I'm on several list to get in places but no ones moving out of these places to free up a spot. there are a bunch of oil drilling and pipeline folks in the area, so everyones full. I have my rent payed up til Aug 1, at least I will be close for my next round of knee injections, but hope to be out of here sooner.
James in da GRAYDAWG
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Happy Birthday Lois! Hope you're feeling better and your special day was nice. I wasn't sure how many candles to put on your cake so I just took a lucky guess :D

ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed