Double Deckers ALMOST GONE!!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Attn: Mike (tamangel)

:cry: all the double-deckers are almost gone,,,,and I'm swearing because I know where there's parts. going to call my friend in Calif and see if he has sufficient $$ to rescue a few that are kicking about on Craigslist.

Anybody want a double decker motorhome--get off your butt and check Craigslist! (that includes me)

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Kai

Post by Kai »

Which cities craigslist?
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Victoria, and a fewl others-Paul didn't specify.

they were all taken by Steel Pacific Recycling
3015 Boys Rd. Duncan, BC 1-250-746-4573--also known as Harper's scrap by us old timers.

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
dburt

Post by dburt »

When you do see a decent old British double-decker on Ebaymotors, or some such place, they seem to want an arm and a leg plus your firstborn for one. And most of them are slow moving, and often over the magical 14 foot 'legal' max height allowed on most US highways. So if you find a good one that runs and will make a road trip to get it home, you have to drive it about 45 miles per hour for a rather looooooong road trip :roll:
Still, they sure would make a sweet bus home conversion!
tamangel
Roving Reporter

Post by tamangel »

Hi Lois, I remember driving to the Pointe Restaurant at the Wickininnish Inn for lunch (beautiful view and beach-only ones in the Dining Room that day..but 200 miles for lunch..ha!) from Victoria and saw that yard.. I was amazed.. Tofino was cool too..and the trip thru the Pacific Rim National Preserve was beautiful..!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djshagz/351092589/

and some jam's per youtube... from the Planet Smashers re: surfing at Tofino..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sUVQlfJMc0

sorry, just felt like some head bangin' :)

Mike
graydawg

Double decker busses

Post by graydawg »

There was a couple from France, I think, that did a documentary on their life and travels in a double decker bus doing a circus act all over the world except the US, it was pretty good and allot of beatiful places as well. some of you might enjoy, it was called stanley sprockets 101 ways to do a world tour. 46 minutes long but I thought it was pretty good myself. Hope yaw enjoy it, I would love to travel that way, would be willing to be a ticket taker or even dress up as a clown in their act to cover travel expences.
James in da GRAYDAWG

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1315984/
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG