Unusual houses

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

yugogypsy

Unusual houses

Post by yugogypsy »

http://englishrussia.com/2008/03/10/aba ... -miracles/

Check it out people--and this is NOT sarcasm--is ANDYBODY talking to me??

Ezrablu--check your email

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
somewhereinusa

Post by somewhereinusa »

Wouldn't a smaller version of that look cool on wheels?
dburt

Post by dburt »

Those houses are sweet- I wish I had one to restore, but I don't think I want to go to Siberia to do it. Not unless they have a Home Depot close by where I can get the materials and supplies to do it! :lol:
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I'm talking to you. Well, as much as I talk to anyone. I have been extremely intermittent for a little while, so not responding to much lately, but I read and "listen". You are not ignored!

Also, I am looking at this at work on a quick break, and went merrily scrolling down the page until "oopsss"!! Better move back up...quickly!
dburt

Post by dburt »

Some of our group must be on summer vacation, or working long hours making hay while the sun shines. It seems we have more activity in the winter time, when folks prefer to be indoors because of the cold in the western hemisphere. :roll:

Granny, EBlue, and others must be busy with working on thier buses, shops,
gardens, or traveling etc.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I've been stopping in but im beat by the time I get here so I don't last long 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
yugogypsy

Unusual houses

Post by yugogypsy »

I've been busy with a lot of things, including breaking my phone :cry: --that's okay, it's catching, nitwit up Island broke his today :D , so he can't bug me :D ----and I have GOT to find a bus or go crazy! :cry:

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
dburt

Post by dburt »

Have you checked EbayMotors yet for any buses Lois? California is getting rid of alot of buses that no longer meet Calif. emmisions, and they can't resell them in California, so there are some good rust free buses for sale most of the time on EbayMotors. I put our member Granny on to a bus sale in SW Idaho at the local school district in Homedale a couple of years ago, and she got a good bus at a right price there. The same district is going to have two buses (hopefully) for sale this August (maby) if all goes according to plan. Both are Thomas MVP pushers, one is powered by a Cat 3116 non-electronically controlled diesel engine, and the other is powered by (drumroll please. . . . .!) a Cummins 5.9L diesel!! Both have the very stout Allison MT643 auto transmissions. The Homedale school district takes very good care of thier buses, and maintain them very well. I don't know if I will have the money to bid or not, and I have no idea what they will go for since the economy here is so bad right now. They usually put a minimum bid on thier buses to start with, and if they don't get a minimum bid in a month, they will sometimes just open it up to 'high bidder get's it'.
So Lois, there are buses around, finding one to fit your budget is the trick! :wink:
dburt

Post by dburt »

Have you checked EbayMotors yet for any buses Lois? California is getting rid of alot of buses that no longer meet Calif. emmisions, and they can't resell them in California, so there are some good rust free buses for sale most of the time on EbayMotors. I put our member Granny on to a bus sale in SW Idaho at the local school district in Homedale a couple of years ago, and she got a good bus at a right price there. The same district is going to have two buses (hopefully) for sale this August (maby) if all goes according to plan. Both are Thomas MVP pushers, one is powered by a Cat 3116 non-electronically controlled diesel engine, and the other is powered by (drumroll please. . . . .!) a Cummins 5.9L diesel!! Both have the very stout Allison MT643 auto transmissions. The Homedale school district takes very good care of thier buses, and maintain them very well. I don't know if I will have the money to bid or not, and I have no idea what they will go for since the economy here is so bad right now. They usually put a minimum bid on thier buses to start with, and if they don't get a minimum bid in a month, they will sometimes just open it up to 'high bidder get's it'.
So Lois, there are buses around, finding one to fit your budget is the trick! :wink:
yugogypsy

Unusual houses

Post by yugogypsy »

Can't afford that right now. So

I've been snooping around peoples back yards and have an ad in the paper

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
splummer

Post by splummer »

also not ignoring anybody, its summer here and they dont last long so i am out side doing summer time things, winters here are long dark and cold , also iam playing with my new addition to the family ,my m37 steve
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began