inspection

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

jokertown

inspection

Post by jokertown »

Thanks Sharkey,
I love your site. I have these two buses that I'm interested, but before putting thousands of dollars down on something this important I want to make sure that it isn't going to break down and cost me a fortune in a couple months. I would like to hire a knowledgable bus mechanic to inspect the bus for me before I buy it. How much would someone charge for this service? What specifically do I want them to inspect. I would much rather pay a few hundred dollars right now to find out everything that is wrong with the bus, than be faced with the problem further down the road when I can't pay for it.

Any information, advice or links regarding this inspection process would be appreciated. The sooner I can get the bus inspected the better. Thanks ALL.
-max
Headache

Post by Headache »

Hi Joker,

I'm also in the same position as far as inspecting something I'm going to own. Contact truck and bus shops in your area, the area of the buses, etc. and tell them what you want to do. Many of them should offer inspection services and will tell you what they charge. Having a portable mechanic would be great if you are looking at a privately owned vehicle since it may not be registered or insured.

Although the systems in trucks and buses are similar, make sure the person is bus savvy as buses have their own special quirks they do not share with trucks.

Education is key! The more educated you are the less issues you will have down the road! You'll still have them, but the smarter you are about them the less costly and aggravating they may be. This site will make your brain explode with all the info it has...

http://pardo.net/bus-0035/buses.html

Good luck!