web site ...

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

KB2IAW

web site ...

Post by KB2IAW »

:? Somehow things appear strange here ??? i have a feeling it`s something VIRAL.... :evil:
Headache

Post by Headache »

No, this was a deliberate decision. Everything has been merged and/or redirected.

I had wanted to ask TMAX if he knew what was going on as I saw him logged in a few times but private messaging had been locked at that point. I now see he's listed as moderator on all the threads. Sharkey's name is completely removed and the .com site is redirected to here.

A vast amount of knowledge, history and nostalgia(one of the best sites on the internet on this type of topic) has been lost to us and it's a shame that we are being punished by whatever happened. It's always been a smart policy not to put all your eggs in one basket.

There's a part of me hoping that this is a cruel joke.

I once posted that I was not going to allow one "bad apple" ruin the whole bunch. It's a shame to see that one grown man did.
KB2IAW

new look

Post by KB2IAW »

well i dont see it going anywhere ...it`s kind of like some of the other forums ...i suppose some others will come on from time to time to see what they can see ...i so enjoyed things the way they were ...kinda homie .
Im not a person that takes to changes easily . unless i make them
I hate it when people move my things around ......well time will tell where everyone will go ...i will miss the family type friendship ...and the kicker is i hadent gotten a bus yet and was keeping notes ...so be it .... :cry:
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Headache, nothing is lost , just google search the item you want , its still out there.

I really would like to know why the changes have happened too.

Sharkey , please keep us in the loop.

Regards Dusty
58 Bedford House
dburt

Post by dburt »

Maby Sharkey fell ill or something? Why have we not heard anything from him yet? It seems out of character for him to just up and quit us without saying something.

Sharkey, where ever you are, please come back and bring your old website with you! :wink:
Merlin

Thanks Sharkey

Post by Merlin »

The old Sharkey site was most probally my favourite internet site. Thanks a million Sharkey for providing the required time and resources.
Merlin
yugogypsy

Re: new look

Post by yugogypsy »

KB2IAW wrote:well i dont see it going anywhere ...it`s kind of like some of the other forums ...i suppose some others will come on from time to time to see what they can see ...i so enjoyed things the way they were ...kinda homie .
Im not a person that takes to changes easily . unless i make them
I hate it when people move my things around ......well time will tell where everyone will go ...i will miss the family type friendship ...and the kicker is i hadent gotten a bus yet and was keeping notes ...so be it .... :cry:
I haven't gotten a bus either-other than my practice project with no front anything and no motor, but I'm not quitting. If the ship starts sinking why don't a bunch of us exchange email addresses and keep in touch that way?--then if we need help, we still have it.

I've just PM'd Mark O about a 67 GMC bus I looked at today. I will not quit.

If we can't have a forum we'll have a help network-person to person.

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
KB2IAW

WEB SITE

Post by KB2IAW »

Headache wrote:No, this was a deliberate decision. Everything has been merged and/or redirected.

I had wanted to ask TMAX if he knew what was going on as I saw him logged in a few times but private messaging had been locked at that point. I now see he's listed as moderator on all the threads. Sharkey's name is completely removed and the .com site is redirected to here.

A vast amount of knowledge, history and nostalgia(one of the best sites on the internet on this type of topic) has been lost to us and it's a shame that we are being punished by whatever happened. It's always been a smart policy not to put all your eggs in one basket.

There's a part of me hoping that this is a cruel joke.

I once posted that I was not going to allow one "bad apple" ruin the whole bunch. It's a shame to see that one grown man did.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHEW...What a relife to read the story behind it all So glad it has not vanished and lost to cyberspace ....Welcome stuart who ever and where ever you are ...thanks for you time and effort ...I really enjoyed my limited time and gleaned information ...
KB2IAW

Re: web site ...

Post by KB2IAW »

:cry: SO I GUESS THIS MEANS ...ALL THE INFORMATION REMAINS , BUT " sharkey`s bus barn.....is now history . :shock:
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Re: web site ...

Post by stuartcnz »

KB2IAW wrote::cry: SO I GUESS THIS MEANS ...ALL THE INFORMATION REMAINS , BUT " sharkey`s bus barn.....is now history . :shock:
Not at all. You can still find Sharkey's bus barn at www.mrsharkey.com. It is only the forum that has been moved away from there.