State of Sharkey's Forum

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

stuartcnz
Site Admin

State of Sharkey's Forum

Post by stuartcnz »

As people have been noticing lately, Mr Sharkey's forum has been behaving differently of late. So far we have not heard from Sharkey, to know what has been happening.

What is known is that awhile back, when the site servers future was at an uncertain juncture, the mrsharkey.ORG domain was set up on an unrelated server, to provide a backup space in case of a calamity, of one sort or another.

This domain was in fact used during the physical relocation of the mrsharkey.COM server, though the original site and forum was not shifted to it at that time.

I'm going to make a guess that one of a couple of things may have happened.

1: maybe there is some kind of issue with the .COM server and the .ORG site has been resurrected with most of the original forum loaded onto it, with a redirect from the .COM domain until the original server issue can be sorted out.

2: Maybe Sharkey has decided to do some kind of major revamp to the site and is using the .ORG site like a road works detour, until he finishes construction of the original site. He has done major reworking of the site in the past, so this isn't out of the question.

3: Maybe there has been a major calamity with the .COM server and Sharkey has put this much of the forum onto the .ORG server, and is leaving it as is until winter, when he will have the time to concentrate on resurrecting the site. (He has already expressed a huge workload of projects for this summer).

Of course all of this is speculation (apart from the fact this site is currently on a different server). I say we should continue to use the forum as best we can until Sharkey either gets the site back to normal and or lets us know whats happening.
KB2IAW

Re: State of Sharkey's Forum

Post by KB2IAW »

[quote="stuartcnz"]As people have been noticing lately, Mr Sharkey's forum has been behaving differently of late. So far we have not heard from Sharkey, to know what has been happening.

What is known is that awhile back, when the site servers future was at an uncertain juncture, the mrsharkey.ORG domain was set up on an unrelated server, to provide a backup space in case of a calamity, of one sort or another.

This domain was in fact used during the physical relocation of the mrsharkey.COM server, though the original site and forum was not shifted to it at that time.

I'm going to make a guess that one of a couple of things may have happened.

1: maybe there is some kind of issue with the .COM server and the .ORG site has been resurrected with most of the original forum loaded onto it, with a redirect from the .COM domain until the original server issue can be sorted out.

2: Maybe Sharkey has decided to do some kind of major revamp to the site and is using the .ORG site like a road works detour, until he finishes construction of the original site. He has done major reworking of the site in the past, so this isn't out of the question.

3: Maybe there has been a major calamity with the .COM server and Sharkey has put this much of the forum onto the .ORG server, and is leaving it as is until winter, when he will have the time to concentrate on resurrecting the site. (He has already expressed a huge workload of projects for this summer).

Of course all of this is speculation (apart from the fact this site is currently on a different server). I say we should continue to use the forum as best we can until Sharkey either gets the site back to normal and or lets us know whats happening.[/quote

Im sure your right ...some time earlier there was a statement made about spam and robots ...im not a p.c. type person ,and only a guest trying to put some info together before i take the plunge into the world of busess...at first glance i thought it had something to do with some photos that were removed ...something about a safety procedure and probible litagition ??? but i dont believe thats the issue now . Sharky (wonder if it`s his real name ...i was in the navy with a guy by that name ,but i think he was from nevada ) thats an interesting story i should post sometime ...anyway i think your correct and just keep using whats available untill work them selfs out ...i might add i find your blog interesting also ... :)

Post by Guest »

Thanks to Stuart for giving us an idea of why things are so odd on the site- I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. IN the mean time, we will limp along as best we can.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

As you all can see, Sharkey's website is going through some changes. Sharkey is consumed with getting by and working on his house.

He no longer has the ability to put in the time and effort to keep this site alive.

It is up to all his members to keep contributing to this "new" site so that you all may reap the benefits of what is offered here.

Please keep it alive.

I am also not in a position to contribute any longer. I am scrambling to find work. Winter will be here sooner than we think. If I am not prepared, you may find me and my dogs frozen dead in my bus.

Good luck to all of you. May your lives be blessed.
Got love? Give love.

Post by Guest »

Rudy wrote:As you all can see, Sharkey's website is going through some changes. Sharkey is consumed with getting by and working on his house.

He no longer has the ability to put in the time and effort to keep this site alive.

It is up to all his members to keep contributing to this "new" site so that you all may reap the benefits of what is offered here.

Please keep it alive.

I am also not in a position to contribute any longer. I am scrambling to find work. Winter will be here sooner than we think. If I am not prepared, you may find me and my dogs frozen dead in my bus.

" Winter will be here sooner than we think. If I am not prepared, you may find me and my dogs frozen dead in my bus." That will never happen...
All you have to do is send out an S.O.S.

You`ll find work ...you got the talent ...
dburt

Post by dburt »

Rudy, will Sharkey get the forum back up and running again this fall or winter? I know the feeling of having to scramble for work and income, and with having to 'make hay while the sun shines'. I have been quite busy this summer and don't have the same amount of time I do in the winter to peruse the Sharkey forum, but I hope he can restore the site to it's former glory again! :D
yugogypsy

Website acting Strange

Post by yugogypsy »

Rudy wrote:As you all can see, Sharkey's website is going through some changes. Sharkey is consumed with getting by and working on his house.

Please keep it alive.

Rudy, not one of us here would let you starve, even though I was impolite, I'd never let you, Buddy or Emma go hungry!!!! :!:

LOIS
Bash On Regardless!