not so loose Caboose...

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

tamangel
Roving Reporter

not so loose Caboose...

Post by tamangel »

dburt

Re: not so loose Caboose...

Post by dburt »

I once helped a friend who owned a crane business to set a real live retired UPRR caboose in a lady's backyard to use as a guest house. She first had some railroad ties put down on some compacted gravel, and then had some rail road track rails put down on them. Then my friend set the 'trucks' (the steel wheels and related components) that the caboose rode on down on the tracks, then we finally set the body down on those. It looked pretty good, but of course it was not mobil any more! There is another person not far from our place in SW Idaho that has a retired full size UPRR caboose in his backyard. I think he must be a railroad fan because he has alot of railroad signs, crossing gates, etc in his yard also.
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

I think lots of Americans turn their domicile into some kind of personal art. I know Europeans make beautiful houses and all that, but I don't think they get into it the way Americans do...

Rufus
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

My friend Tom Paterson was recently gifted with a coal car, like those used in the mines here on Vancouver Island. It sits on a few feet of track in his front yard.

For those of you unfamiliar with Tom's books about the history of Vancouver Island and other parts of the province http://www.cowichanchronicles.com/ this is his website.

I like the caboose and I think I finally found a vardo pattern that will fit my trailer base :thumbup:

Crazy weather here today, it tried to snow, now it's quite cold but with blue skies and a few clouds :screwy:

Lois
Bash On Regardless!