Forums on new platform

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

stuartcnz
Site Admin

Forums on new platform

Post by stuartcnz »

It is done! The forum has been shifted from phpBB2 to phpBB3. The decision to make the switch is mostly because phpBB2 is no longer supported, whereas phpBB3 still is. What this really means is that it is going to be easier to maintain security on the new platform, than it was on the old platform.

For those that have not been on any phpBB3 forums, you will notice a difference in layout. Don't worry, all of the old functions are there, you may just need to spend a little time finding them.

The back end is very different on the new platform, than the old, so it may take a little while for me to get up to speed with it. Let me know if things aren't working right, so I know to fix them.
tamangel
Roving Reporter

Re: Forums on new platform

Post by tamangel »

with all the pic's available on this site, how about every time someone comes to the main page, a new vehicle pic shows up in the header.. some sort of random sorting thing..

just an idea...i think it would be fun to see new pics everyday..

Mike
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Re: Forums on new platform

Post by stuartcnz »

I'm not sure how I could go about doing that, if it's even possible with the current forum software.