Where to get a stove in Eugene?

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

TinnedFish

Where to get a stove in Eugene?

Post by TinnedFish »

Greetings,

It looks like I'll be heading down Eugene way in a few weeks to pick up our housebus. The mechanics have been challenged to get it back on the road, but they're nearing the end.

The next most critical item I need to lay my hands on is a propane stove and oven for the bus. I've heard rumor there are scratch and dent, and surplus/salvage places in Eugene where I might be able to find something appropriate.

Can anyone name a few decent places? I'd love to print out maps, and make a few phone calls before I start noodling around a strange town in a house bus that hasn't rolled for 15 years! <grin>

thanks
Bruce
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Hey Bruce, There's a scratch-n-dent RV parts place out at 30th and I-5, right next to the Baron's Den Shooting Range (rent a fully automatic weapon, genuine Tommy Gun, whatever, and blast away!). I haven't been there yet, but probably should go some day and see what they got. There's a bundle of RV factories around here, Marathon, Country Coach, Safari, Monaco, I just know that they have to unload their seconds somewhere.

I used to go to the Safari factory outlet in Harrisburg. Picked up a pair of $800 (each) washer-dryers for $25 each, used one to fix the other. Most everything else in the store was $5, just to get rid of it. They bulldozed that store years back, I assume that the goodies now go to the I-5 place.

LMK when you'll be in town, maybe we should go check it out...
Jerry75Crown

Stuff in Eugene

Post by Jerry75Crown »

When I log in I can't post. I get this
" Template->make_filename(): Error - file vwtp_body.tpl does not exist"
So I'll be a guest for now.
Anyway I copied this from somewhere.

Northwest RV Supply in Eugene stocks over 5,000 square feet of merchandise that will delight any bus converter. Featuring surplus and obsolete parts and model year changeovers, Northwest RV Supply purchases inventory from such high line RV manufacturers as Country Coach, Monaco, and Safari. They can help you with furniture, appliances, televisions, and anything else your converter’s heart desires. Open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., they are located at 86325 College View Road, or can be reached by calling 541-746-9092.

I bought my windows there. Somethings are so cheap you can't believe it. and somethings are way more than retail. BUT, they will bargin so just pretend you are in Mexico.
Jerry
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Hmmm, that's odd. I just logged out, then logged in, worked fine for me. Probably a MSIE problem, I'll go look at it some...

Thanks for the review, if I wasn't so lazy, I could have gotten out the phone book and at least looked up the address.
TinnedFish

Thanks for the data!

Post by TinnedFish »

Thanks guys,

It sounds like just the place I need.

As soon as I know my schedule, I'll drop you a line Sharkey. I'd love to do a bit of shopping (and shootin?) with you.

Bruce
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Oh yeah, like I go to Baron's Den a lot. Maybe if they had an automatic wrist rocket that I could use in combat against the damn squrrels in my yard...