cool site.. i have a 1947 white i'll post a few pics

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

skinnydog35

cool site.. i have a 1947 white i'll post a few pics

Post by skinnydog35 »

hi ya'll i just stumbled across this site.. i have been looking thru some of the posts..some really cool buses here.. i have a 47 white i just re-rebuilt it again this summer and have put 10.000 miles on it since july.. i just did the rt.66 trip from chicago to california and had a blast..have made several car shows with it including "cruising the coast" in mississippi a few weeks ago,and a couple in Tennessee and Louisiana.. it sure drew alot of attention .. while there i had a slight over heating problem and lost a head gasket on the c-180 cummins so i will be down for a few weeks till i have the funds to get it back together again..but it should be back on the road fairly quick.. i will post a link to the build album in case anyone is interested..

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa84 ... struction/

i will have to go thru some more of these really interesting rigs ya'll have on here...thanks R.C.
Headache

Re: cool site.. i have a 1947 white i'll post a few pics

Post by Headache »

I LOVE that bus! Yes please post more! I really want to know how that slide was built. I'd love to build a manual one that slides out maybe a foot or 2.
skinnydog35

Post by skinnydog35 »

hi headache... yes i really like my bus..i needed more room so i built that slide, it is 13ft. x 42" and really adds alot of room.. i built it using a 48" hyd. ram with 2 outriggers connected by cables to keep it square while moving in and out.. most times while traveling if i am just staying a few hours i just roll it out maybe a foot or 2..but if staying for awhile i will slide it all the way out to where you have alot of interior space.. the bus is really nice for traveling with the 1959 model cummins c-l80 supercharged engine and 10 speed fuller roadranger trans with I/H 410 rear gears.. i can get into the 15mpg range.. the air brakes stop on a dime and the 22.5 tires roll very well though a bit hard to steer, untill i figure a power steering system for it
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Yah gotta love the old school rigs :thumbup:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Nice truck! And welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing more of your truck.

Post by Guest »

hello great to see your bus. I have a 1948 White which I have owned for over thirty years. It still has the original 504 cu inch gas engine. I have been want to install a modern diesel in it but have decided on which engine. Did you do the conversion?

Post by Guest »

Ditto what they said!

Also, would like to see/hear more about your slide out assembly.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Ok, let me try again...

Ditto to everything everyone is saying! Love the bus!

Would also like to see more about the slide out mechanism. I guess from your comment that you built it up yourself, rather than buying pre-fabbed assembly?