Crown bus

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

dadeo

Crown bus

Post by dadeo »

im starting to really get into Crown Supercoaches. I grew up in California, and they were everywhere (prolly cuz theyre made there), but now im living in Michigan, and i want to maybe buy one, and theyre no-where to be found!!! oh well.
anyway, sharkey, do you have any more recent pics of yours????

dadeo
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Crowns are a throw-away item in Califormia right now. The CA state gov't has a bounty on them. If school district fleets scrap their old Crowns (pink slip must be returned to the DMV from a wrecker), they get a healthy subsidy to buy a new coach to replace it. The idea is to get the old buses off the road to clean up air quality. From what I hear, they are selling for $1,000 and less. Many are then taken over the border to Mexico, where a new title is issued and the join the fleet of chivas down there....

I've had other requests for an update on my Crown. Although there isn't much, I plan on posting something in the next few days. Right now I just want to get through Salmon Day (sorry, I don't eat birds...).
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

coool! ok enjoy your fish:)
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

yayyyyy!!!!
i saw the update on the crown. good job! damn, that thing is gonna be clean. and i also like the refridgerator workshop, good idea.
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

heres a resurrection of a really old post!
Sharky: Many are then taken over the border to Mexico, where a new title is issued and the join the fleet of chivas down there....
heres a picture: