flx buses?

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

dragonhorseboy

flx buses?

Post by dragonhorseboy »

anyone know about these? :)

strange timing but I was starting to wonder for like at least a week re idea of a parttime road home and and so chasing down any quick online leads (for now) on any nearby used buses....and anyway, earlier on today noticed an email from nearby online friend that she was sure she saw a flx bus sitting with a bit of rust and one missing tire [don't you love it when you blab with nearby friends and they turn up unusual things for you from time to time? hehe] somewere a bit west of here.

I had to quickly check yahoo groups and heh saw one flx group....joined it....but now just got an rejection email from them for no reason so I was like wondering for a few minutes then remembered about THIS forum and decided to post here instead :D :D

(dunno if I'll look into it considering the sign of rust and that one tire's missing and the last fact of that I'm quite a bit short on cash now but then who really knows teheheh)
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

captainkf

Post by captainkf »

The purchase price looks right, and oh the lines. But it looks pretty rough :( . Although if you've got the skills, money and/ or friends? Who knows.

Won't a small block chevy fit right into one of those? I had read that a few times elsewhere.

Looks pretty sweet.

-Richard
roasting8

Post by roasting8 »

IIRC, I think I saw one with a 427 chevy http://www.sellabus.com/alfaro_page2.html but, most of the time, I've seen them with diesels and allisons http://www.sellabus.com/ed_smith.html.

I used to have a link to "Flxible Owners International" http://www.flxible.net/ (I was thinking of buying one of those classics) but, it looks like their web site has disappeared (site is listed as under construction).

Good luck in your search.

BTW, the Flxible group used to gather at Quartzsite, AZ, during the giant fea market, at the end of January Last time I went was 2003). Check the Quartzsite web site for information on the flea market.
dragonhorseboy

Post by dragonhorseboy »

skipped on the local bus already .. dunno, just didn't feel like taking that particular bus

roasting8 ty for telling me about quartzsite anyhow
roasting8

Post by roasting8 »

No problem. If you ever get a chance, you should go to Quartzsite. There are a lot of conversions with owners that would be glad to show you their pride and joy.

Good luck in your search.