My KB7

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Capttrips25

My KB7

Post by Capttrips25 »

I just found a KB7 truck that is running and is actually being used. The old man that owns it is in his 70s and I spoke to him about needing a KB7. He told me that he was using it but will be done with it in a few weeks and to call him as soon as he is finished.

As some of you know, I am working on a KB7 school bus, (a replica of Further). I have 3 KB7s and soon a KB7 truck. All will be used for the replica.
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

thats cool! are you going to include the bubble on the roof? and the silver bell? please ommit the fridge with the gallon of LSD enriched kool-aid!!

dadeo
Damien

On the driver of Further and his being Speed limit

Post by Damien »

Hi Capttrips. Love your idea of making a Further ... a take on 20th century social-archeological reconstruction. I thought you might get a kick out of this picture taken in mid september. It's me in San Miguel De Allende Mexico standing at the front door of Neil Cassidy's home. This is where he was living when he was found down by the railway tracks in 1967 (?).

I was 11 at the time and my family was living for a year in San Miguel. When they found Neil's body they came to our house to get my dad, so he could act as a translator between the doctor/police and the local gringos. I remember waking up in the early morning, startled by a loud knock at our front door.
I actually knew Neil, but was always somewhat more taken by his stunning girlfriend. She looked like Cher, tall and thin with long black hair, in a purple dress and white go-go boots. Neil was always running off and leaving her with me ... and as far as I was concerned, he could take his time. Free methamphetamines ... or rather, over the counter meth, pretty well fueled their daily reality. I have had quite a bit of contact with people who knew the whole Merry Prankster scene. Much has been glorified for the purposes of others overlooking much of what actually took place.
Jack Kerouac wrote beautifully ... but often the harsh-truth surrounding what those words came through, is lost through history. Kerouac died a chronic alcoholic living at home with his mother: which doesn't detract from his brilliant writing, but does somewhat caution those glorifying the circumstances surrounding the whole psychedillic "sixties." Neil was a burn't out soul, high on uppers and alcohol who decided to walk to Commonfort (about 15 km I think), half way to Celaya, on a very cold night wearing only a T-shirt. He died by the tracks from exposure, after passing out on his quest ....
We all have a speed limit. RIP.