My old CROWN (1968)

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

HOGCAT

My old CROWN (1968)

Post by HOGCAT »

Heres a few pics of my ole girl I live in full time.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Regarding the first photo, you should get busy and do something with the curb door, it must get awful old climbing that ladder and using the slider window to get in and out of the bus all the time... :D
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

Good one Sharkey.... Thats for the cat to get in and out.. :lol:
roasting8

Post by roasting8 »

Hi HogCat,

I was wondering, if you've got more pictures of your Crown? I'm working on mine (at about the same speed as Sharkey :) ) and always like to get some new ideas.

I noticed that you've got PVs and a TV antenna, what other devices do you have to make your Crown into a home?
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

Heres a few more pictures. This one is a close up of the solar panels. They are "UNI-SOLAR' Us64's ,all 4 put around 13 amps into the batterys on a sunny high noon.

Heres the charge controller, inside a cabinet. I wish I had it out in the open where it was easier to see. At eye level would of been best.

Heres the "black" water holding tank. The toilet is above the right rear tire, on top of the wheel well. The pipe goes straight back to the holding tank and dumps into the top of the tank. It drops about one foot on its way back to the tank on a 5' run. Seems to work fine.

This is the fridge and stove. Its about half way down the bus on the passenger side. I used the "T-111" type plywood throughout the whole bus. Its the thinner type of plywood. Worked good with 2x2 wood framing everywhere.

I have a bunch of pics, will post more later.
SPIDER
I see I need to make the pics a bit smaller, sorry!
roasting8

Post by roasting8 »

Hi Spider,

Thanks for the picture and, especially, for the information.

I'm impressed on how you dealt with the problem about where to place the black water tank. As all Crown owners are aware, that putting in a decent sized black water tank is really a challenge.

I, myself, was thinking of installing the tank, in front of the rear wheels, along the passenger side of the bus. The only problem with that is running the sewer hose to the driver's side of the bus.

Now, I'll have to rethink my plans and maybe change the black water tank location.

I also like your PV setup. It looks very practical and well thought out.

I'll probably go with PVs but, it will have to wait for some time after I get the bus livable (my piggy bank can only handle so much :oops: ).

Thanks again for the photos and the information. I can't wait to see some of your other photos.

Robert

BTW, are you a member of any of the other bus conversion groups? There probably a lot of people, out there, that would be interested in your conversion.