Busster's Bus

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Busster

Heating

Post by Busster »

Hey Sharkey and other! In my bus I have a diesel heater. Its a 11,6 Kw Webasto. In the floor I have built in copperloops allover were the water runns, and i have also radiators around the walls. I have been out in -27 degrees and I havent ned to wear any warm clothes inside :lol:
A friend of mine have built his one stove with an inbuilt radiator and a cirk pump tht heats his bus the same way but with wood then.
P.S. Im goin to build one to :D
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Sounds nice and toasty Busster! :) I know a couple other people who put in water-heated floors, but not walls. Of course, it doesn't get THAT cold where these guys live. I had considered doing the floors & walls, but I didn't want to lose the inside height and width. My climate really doesn't warrant that type of heating anyway, but I may reconsider if I move back up north.

Have you any pictures you could share of your bus?
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Busster

Heater

Post by Busster »

Hey Griff!
You can look at my homepage; http://husbusster.com Un fortunaly its only in Swedish but click on the big bus on the frontpage and you can see the whole restoration.
An English version is coming but it takes time cause of my bad english i have to read dictionary all the time :P
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

WOW! :shock: Busster's a beauty! Lots of time and effort put into that bus(fixing the frame rot must have been quite a job in itself). Very nicely and tastefully done! I wouldn't worry too much about the English version, the pictures speak in a universal language. 8)
Busster

Post by Busster »

I'm Bowin!! Thank you tank you!! :oops: You can make the most if you got the thumb in place, and a lot of time. Your bus isn´t bad either, have always vanted a schoolbus but you can´t get everything :cry:
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Busster wrote:. . . have always vanted a schoolbus but you can´t get everything :cry:
Thank you too! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my school bus, but the next one I get is gonna have a basement / storage underneath like yours. I know of a guy that has a 1954 GMC Scenicruiser he may be selling soon, and to me that is one SWEET looking bus (drool, drool)!

P.S. Sharkey, if we need to move these posts to a different section, please let me know. We kinda turned a sharp curve from your POTD (which I have been enjoying very much, as well as the Grace saga)! Sorry 'bout that! :oops:
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Griff wrote:Sharkey, if we need to move these posts to a different section, please let me know
Exactly what I was thinking, best way to head off a thread hijack is to create one dedicated to the new subject!
Busster

The post

Post by Busster »

Sorry Sharkey I wasn´t aware, As a linedancer I would know: Keep the line!!!