Crown sighting in Greenport N.Y.

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Crown sighting in Greenport N.Y.

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

My daughter got out of work around 1:30am this morning and this crown/home pulled in with a brand new old criscraft runabout in tow. Im gonna take a ride over later to see if I can meet them and point them to this site so they can keep us posted on there travels
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Re: Crown sighting in Greenport N.Y.

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

I would be interested in knowing how they installed a trailer hitch on a mid-engine Crown.

The frame rails end just behind the rear suspension leaving the whole truck area just sheet metal hung on the back of the bus. It was built that way for a rear end crash crush zone that would not translate the crash engery into the passenger compartment.

Since there is no frame at the back, what are they using to support the trailer hitch. If they haven't done something the whole weight of the trailer and especially the tongue weight is hanging on the rear sheet metal and no frame support.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I got to speak to the oner of the cron to by phone ( I left my card on his indsheld of the crown ) and as it turns out he bought 11 of them a few years ago and he still has 9 of the and out of the 9 he has 3 big boys. He gonna hang around for the summer so we're gonna meet up the next time I go over to hang wit my daughter and I ask and look at to to hitch and get back to you.
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Eleven of them! I'm looking forward to reading more about the Crowns.