New Age Travellers documentary

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

stuartcnz
Site Admin

New Age Travellers documentary

Post by stuartcnz »

Documentary on British new age travellers.
ezrablu

Re: New Age Travellers documentary

Post by ezrablu »

Very interesting! There's a big movement happening here in the USA, too. People are converting their cars, vans, buses, trucks, horsetrailers...anything on wheels into homes on wheels. And I think there are going to be many more turning to this lifestyle, too. Many more people are waking up and no longer want to "work for the man" and just plain want to get off the merry-go-round and take their lives back. People have become tired of the expense, stress and hardship of being weighed down by material "things" plus having no rent, housing taxes, property taxes, etc., they can see our country and wake up in a different place everyday if they want :thumbup: You know that old saying "The hippies were right" :D
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

I agree, in todays economy, living mobile is about the cheapest way to go.

Being a homeowner I have ridiculous expenses every month and I'm trying to cut back on them.

With what I've spent on this darn house in the last year I could have bought a small bus and converted it!

Also, the area I live in is becoming too populated and crime is going up so I want out.

Rick's Mum passed away in February and we've agreed, if he inherits sufficient funds I'm going to get a reliable vehicle and we've been clearing out the house so we can close it up and go travelling at least part of the year or I'll go and Rick will stay home.

Yes Blu, the hippies had it right--in more ways than one. They ate good healthy food, without all these fancy additives and supplements that the yuppies of today are into. (just spent 2 weeks with one and had to listen to him spouting nonsense about food supplements)

Cheers
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

They showed "Furthur" at about 3:10. Ken Kesey's bus with the Merry Pranksters! How cool is that? (Furthur is inspiration for the paint I want on my bus!)

I suspect regulars here know that Kesey was author of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", but I said it anyway for random people who might stumble across this place.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

It's funny how some people still are looking at this as it being something new :D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote:It's funny how some people still are looking at this as it being something new :D
I think they are seeing an opportunity to get it on the news to sell some commercial time. Selling the latest novelty fad.

Have done a lot of "vehicular living", just not full time until recently (travel trailer). Started with my VW Beetle with curtains on the windows and between front and back seats. Dry camping in that one. Was a little snug, but worked ok.

I am sitting here watching the last quarter of only the second basketball game I have watched in over 35 years. The local team is (OKC) is playing, but getting beat right now, with a couple minutes left. Maybe they can come back.