Bedford Bus

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

GoodClue

Re: Bedford Bus

Post by GoodClue »

Hello Stuart ... welcome to the wonderful world of busses ... can't wait to see your progress ...
GoodClue :)
"ya gotta have art ..."
GoodClue

Post by GoodClue »

... really like the stove ... another thought ... you might want another heat reflector behind the driver's seat ... looks pretty close ... trying to catch you online ... I like the pics of the bus, think you made a good choice ... am curious if you are considering a roof raise or croft for headroom ... I originally wanted what you told me was called the "croft" but decided, for the effort involved, to lift the whole roof ... helped gain valuable space in a small bus ... :)
GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Neither the seat or stove are fixed in place at the moment. The stove needs a bit of work before I will feel safe lighting it, like and insulating surface under it, and fixing to the floor. And of course making sure the heat doesn't get to the seat either.

At the moment I can live with the roof as is, though one day would like to add a 6 to 8 inch high mollycroft to it. That would make it ideal for me, but no rush, I would rather get it so I can start using it, before I start getting carried away with modifications.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Going way off topic here, just for a minute...Stuart, are you familiar with Clairy Browne? Apparently the band is knocking around Australia for the last couple years or so (??). She has a Heineken commercial here with their song "Love Letter". Just wondering if they were big in the south....?
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Can't say that I am familiar with them.