Different Wisdom

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

ol trunt

Re: Different Wisdom

Post by ol trunt »

Now THAT sounds INTERESTING! :lol: Jack
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Yeah , yeah .......... share it 'round noww ............... :D :D :screwy:
58 Bedford House
somewhereinusa

Post by somewhereinusa »

Dusty and Jack,

Could be security issue for Jim, sent PM's to both of you.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

??

I looked at busconversions a few times several years ago and just didn't get hooked for some reason - just drifted on by like so many of the places I used to visit. Looking today, seems like I should have stuck around there, too.

Any other places people go that I should know about?

Just took another quick look at Busconversions web site - the magazine...they are on Katlella Ave! Weird little world we live in - I went to a trade show late last year in Anaheim. I know I drove by that location at least a couple times! If I had know, I would have tried to walk in and subscribe in person...
Lostranger

Post by Lostranger »

Greetings all,

I'm gearing up to pull my engine and major the DD S-40. All because I was running the bus without the interlock engaged one beautiful Sunday afternoon last September. A small coolant hose broke, and I was busy driving the narrow, winding road. By the time I noticed we were hot, we were HOT!

Water in the oil is probably caused by melted rubber o-rings at the bottoms of the cylinder liners. Might could fix it in-frame, but I'm not into patching stuff. Especially stuff that plays a major role in my life. Gonna pull it and do the whole shebang. Will probably tear down turbo while I'm at it and have injectors and pumps tested. Definitely replacing leaking oil cooler. I'll get to detail the engine compartment and use LOTS OF NEW PAINT. Redneck fun at it's best!

First step is blocking/leveling the bus and building a rolling engine lift cradle. Even more fun!

It's been a long winter, but it's almost time for bus fun to begin. That means updates coming soon.

Best to all,

Jim
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Hi Jim. You've got a spirit of steel to stay so upbeat about what all the rest of us would be anything but upbeat. I look forward to your updates and wish you 110% success at your repair! Jack
chaoslost200

Post by chaoslost200 »

Brand new here, first post, living in Asheville, NC. I stumbled across Jim's conversion while doing my own research on what type of bus I want to convert. I really like the idea of the Gillig not needing a roof raising party! I sat down yesterday during a particularly slow day of business and read all 21 pages of this posting, waiting with bated breath for the final finished bus but it's not here! I'm dying for an update, did the front and curb side ever get painted? Did the inside ever get finished? I'd love to hear the rest of the story!