Silence

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Dudley

Silence

Post by Dudley »

OK I give up. Where did everyone go? How about some more pictures or progress reports or SOMETHING. I cant believe that no one has a story to tell or a question to ask.
GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

What? :?
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Hello?

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Well, Im getting ready to rip up the floor in the new rig within the next week and replace it with new plywwod. Any day now the insulation should be hear. I bought 1200 BF of fire rated spray faom and 3 rools of Prodex foil covered faom and 6 rolls of metal tape to seal the seems at a cost of $2350.00 I also think im go to use a paint called Supertherm at about $100.00 a gallon it's suposed to be a great insulator. I figure if I spend now on a great insulation job I will save on heating cost later. I will post links to these products so you guys can read up on them and tell me what you think. I will be doing the same insulation job in the bay compartments so my tanks andother equipment sould be vry happy down there. I hope I get the links right.

http://www.insulation4less.com/highr_FfmF.asp
http://www.tigerfoam.com/products.php?cat_id=1
http://www.supertherm.net/su100000.htm

(Dennis, I did a little edit on this to make the links work -Sharkey)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
TinnedFish

Post by TinnedFish »

I can't speak for others, but I will point out that it's still young spring in most of the northern hemisphere. Very few bus enthusiasts have a place to work on their chariots out of the rain and snow. Give the planet a few more weeks/months to warm up and you'll be seeing what you hope to see.
TinnedFish
captainkf

hey Dennis

Post by captainkf »

Hey Dennis, do you have photo's or somewhere online that you are logging the story? I like to follow along.

I am almost finished laying cherry laminate flooring in the bus. So far so good. It looks great I think. I found a combination poly/ 3mm foam underlay that I used. It may help with a bit of heat loss. I wanted somthing more substantial but did not want to loose even more head clearance. My gargage is filling with conversion ingreadiants and spending everyday (work) around rv's just makes me want to get home and work on her. I am hoping it will be useable this summer. I just wish it would warm up. brrrrr it snowed yesterday and it's sunny today. Spring in Calgary is so exciting.

-Richard
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

Dennis,
I have never seen that PRODEX product before but it sure looks interesting.
I had the ceiling in one of my old shops sprayed with foam about 10 years ago and it cost me $1.00 per bf way back then so I don't think that what you paid for foam is unreasonable at all.
I did several jobs in New England with a product very similar to SUPERTHERM. My customers were skeptical until they saw that the reduction in cooling costs gave them a 100% return on investment in one short New England cooling season.
I don't think you will ever regret the time or money you spend insulating so carefully.
GOD BLESS AMERICA
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

In the buff web site coming soon

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hi Richard

I am going to put a web site together to document the building of the Buffalo. I will let you guys know when it's up and running. I'm hoping for inthebuff.com or something in those lines :lol:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
captainkf

Post by captainkf »

good, good. I will keep my eyes open for it.

-Richard
captainkf

Post by captainkf »

PS. Hey dudley, where are the pictures or updates on your truck or bus. I'd like to check it out?

-Richard
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

I too am looking forward to the "Buffalo" site.
Richard,
I do not have a truck or bus as of this time. I had started to educate myself about the topic (mainley on this site) and had been looking at Crown's until family issues just recently caused me to put that on the back burner and prepare to move back to the East coast. I had planned on spending the rest of my life in the western half of this beautiful country but I guess it just was not in the cards. But that being said, my family owns part of an island (Gerrard's Island, since the late 1700s) North east of Halifax and I plan on visiting it this summer or fall. I would like to meet up with you when I make that trip.

ps
I hope that no one took offense to my earlier post. I just really enjoy this site and was trying to stimulate some ongoing dialog. Not only that but I do not want to see Mr. Sharkey's efforts be in vain. Where else on the net can you have this much fun talking to people from all corners of the earth and discuss mutual interests without someone trying to steal your credit card number or rape your kids?
GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Didn't you fill out the credit card information when you registered here? :D