Housebus Insurance?

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

royalfamily

Housebus Insurance?

Post by royalfamily »

Who do you use for insurance for your housebus?
What kind of insurance do you use for your housebus? (Do you use more than just liability?)
How much is it?
Are there any holes to jump through, or loop holes to find?

Thank you!!!
Lindsey
somewhereinusa

Re: Housebus Insurance?

Post by somewhereinusa »

I use GMAC, yes they do know it used to be a school bus. It is titled as an RV. I only insure my vehicles for liability, wifes car has full coverage. It was under $300 a year for the bus, but I also insured three other vehicles at the same time. I used the FMCA club discount which saved a bunch for all of the vehicles. If you haven't changed title to RV, or something other than bus, you may run into problems. I think that depends a lot on the state you live in.
splummer

Post by splummer »

mine was a school bus that we converted , no problems when getting plates its reg. as a motor home , so when we insured it ,it went smooth, good luck all states are diffrent, i just figured my state is so broke it just wanted my money. steve
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
GoodClue

Post by GoodClue »

I use Progressive ... seem open to unusual vehicles ... My bus was titled as a HouseCar when I bought ... as stated, every state and circumstance is different ... good luck. Doug.
"ya gotta have art ..."