Blast from the past

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Blast from the past

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

Most of us here have seen and appreciated the Crown that Mr. Sharkey has converted.

Back in the day there was a lively discussion as to which bus was a better bus, the Crown or the Gillig. Depending upon whether you were a northern or southern CA person determined which you were since the Gillig was built in Hayward and the Crown in LA.

In any of the discussions the eastern buses were not ever considered since they were all built to a much lighter duty standard.

Which brings up this blast from the past. http://www.harlowsbussales.com/inventor ... ls/?s=5412

I have not seen an eastern built Type D bus with an OEM supplied chassis in over twenty years. By the time most of them were twenty years old they were pretty much rolling chicken coops or storage sheds.

So finding one in running condition today is fairly unusual.

If anyone is interested in it please contact me. The asking price is just a few dollars more than what the local scrap dealer is willing to pay for it.
rlaggren

Re: Blast from the past

Post by rlaggren »

Mark

Thanks for that note. I've pretty much decided I want to tow a small space, not drive a large one, but that certainly looks like it might be low hanging fruit. Assuming it's more or less functional.

Rufus