MrSharkey.com

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

stuartcnz
Site Admin

MrSharkey.com

Post by stuartcnz »

It appears that Sharkey has up sticks, and left the web. He has been talking about doing that for awhile now, though I am sure that many people will be saddened by the reality of it. Most of his old site has been archived at http://web.archive.org/web/201211020441 ... arkey.com/ According to Sharkey, you would need to have a look at a number of different snap shots, to get the full web site, as it was. But, it is still there!

In addition, though not endorsed by Sharkey; I have started a site at http://www.housetrucks.org which in addition to acting as a sign post to the archive.org version of his old site, have started rebuilding a small selection of his material, in a very plain format. This reproduction of material will be limited to his housebus/truck material. It is not until you start poking around in the archives that you realize just what a vast site Sharkey had assembled.

Thank you Sharkey, for all of the resources that you built on the web, over so many years, and for this very forum, which wouldn't exist, had you not started and nurtured it for so long, before handing it on.

Maybe, one day, his old server might re-appear, and he will switch it back on again.
Stealth Camper

Re: MrSharkey.com

Post by Stealth Camper »

He was doing a blog for a while there, but I can't even find that now. Had sent him a few notes of encouragement and thanks for his efforts for all these years. I am really missing his site a lot!
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Mr Sharkey will live on in us all, Peace along the way Sharkey, old boy };o) :thumbup:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
southpier

Post by southpier »

as much as he is missed, I think it is part of his evolution & inevitable.

"down the rabbit hole"
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

Just found this forum today. Figured I would try my old name and password which was on Sharkeys forum. Knew Sharkey fairly well as we sold and traded parts years ago. Still living in my Crown bus down here by San Diego (San Marcos) Ca. Too bad he is off line. Hope he is doing OK.
somewhereinusa

Post by somewhereinusa »

Sharkey will be missed, lots of good information.

Hogcat,
Any pictures of your Crown?
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Sharkey's alive, healthy and stayin busy bein Sharkey. Drop him a line some day 8)
Last edited by Dennis The Bus Dweller on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace along the way
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote:Sharkey's alive, health and stayin busy bein Sharkey. Drop him a line some day 8)

I guess you have stayed in touch...has he shown any inclination to start another web site? His stuff was always interesting....
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

somewhereinusa wrote: Hogcat,
Any pictures of your Crown?
Ya just a couple.

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

I think he was going to do some blogging at some point but I'm not sure. The last time I spoke with him he seemed happy to be in the space he is in so that's a good place for him to be 8)
Stealth Camper wrote:
Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote:Sharkey's alive, health and stayin busy bein Sharkey. Drop him a line some day 8)

I guess you have stayed in touch...has he shown any inclination to start another web site? His stuff was always interesting....
Peace along the way
AccordGuy

Post by AccordGuy »

Hi Dennis,

Glad to see you active still.

Good to hear Sharkey's well and just doin' his thing off line. It's been so long since I posted that I completely forgot where this site was!

I only found it again by googling my own nickname and sharkey. Must be getting old and senile.

I'll have to copy my old posts to my own Blogger site for posterity in case this site eventually disappears too. I also wonder about whether the image hosting site TinyPic will disappear with my posting images although it seems to have been bought out by Photobucket in recent years.

All the best,
AccordGuy
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Stealth Camper wrote:

And I didn't mention previously...not sure why, 'cause I was thinking it while writing... I don't have his contact information any more. Does his old web site email still work? (Seems like my memory is telling me that is how I had contacted him before....sucks getting old.)
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Stealth Camper wrote:
Stealth Camper wrote:

And I didn't mention previously...not sure why, 'cause I was thinking it while writing... I don't have his contact information any more. Does his old web site email still work? (Seems like my memory is telling me that is how I had contacted him before....sucks getting old.)
Try sharkey@mrsharkey.com I usually call but I think this email is still good. Stuart would know im sure>
Peace along the way
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

before it shut down, I saved a copy of the entire site. all html, pictures etc. It's 833 Files, 85 Folders (12.6 MB (13,250,560 bytes)) not really big either. It would be really easy to put it back somewhere. maybe this will help?
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Their was something special about the old neighborhood and we had a great Mayor to boot :D
dadeo wrote:before it shut down, I saved a copy of the entire site. all html, pictures etc. It's 833 Files, 85 Folders (12.6 MB (13,250,560 bytes)) not really big either. It would be really easy to put it back somewhere. maybe this will help?
Peace along the way