To get a bigger member, buy viagara, free mortgage, free

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Damien of Firetruck Fame

To get a bigger member, buy viagara, free mortgage, free

Post by Damien of Firetruck Fame »

Could this possibly be a better way to get in touch with Sharkey without having my e-mails deleted due to over-sensitive words ?
This is just a test. It's too good to believe. And if you see this Sharkey, (most likely you (p enis) won't) there is an article coming out in the Feb or March issue of "This old House" magazine about my firetruck and other similar suches. It sounded pretty goofy over the phone. This Old Firetruck ?
Merry Christmas to all ... and a happy new year, to anyone living atop pressurized strips of vulcanized rubber, and digging it.
Diesel: The alternative fuel.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

(Pay no attention to this guy, folks, he has issues with an e-mail ailment similar to Tourette's Syndrome).

Damien! I though you were mad at me, no messages for months??? Come, now, just because you can't hold back typing naughty words in the subject line does't mean that you can't at least try to send the occasional message.... (Actually, putting "free" in the subject line would send it to a special "free" folder. I once lost some important mail about a free VW Rabbit that I wanted to give away).

Yes, the TOH people were bugging me for a couple of months. I basically told them that unless they were putting out some cash or had promotional considerations that they were willing to share, that I had better things to do with my time than provide free content for their magazine. Putting them onto you was the best way of getting rid of them I could think of.

I did post a high resolution of the Grace bus for them to use, and they apparently contacted Roger about pics of Glen and Zephyr's trucks.

The researcher told her editor that there were "10,000 house trucks in the US" and that it was a "movement". It will be interesting to see what they write.

I did manage to get the editor to agree to mention my web site and send me a free copy of the issue. So generous! Easy to see why Time/Warner/AOL/Disney manages to make so much money. Hell, when Home Power published my article on the Pusher, I got a two-year extension on my subscription and a whole case of that issue's magazine. I'm still giving them away! The publishers of HP live in a cabin 8 miles up a creek without any utility power and they could come through with more than one skinny copy. My standard response to anyone writing a book/article/making a movie/video/special feature these days is: "Show Me The Money!!!".

For those of you who want to see what Damien does in his spare time, visit his page on the site.

So, are you going to register, or did you just pop in as a Guest to post this one message?