13 fun steps to a skoolie and a toad!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

tango

Re: 13 fun steps to a skoolie and a toad!

Post by tango »

$87.50!!! --- that's jus crazy good! Home Depot, here I come!
Redbear

Post by Redbear »

I was waiting to see the finished product. Look'n good, Jack. 8)
tango

Post by tango »

Hey Jack...

More Beauty Shots!!!
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Oh Tango. I took the Swedish bikini team to the beach over the weekend for some sun and fun and I'm sorry to say that I never even once thought about bus pics. We grilled a meal that Bansil would have envied and consumed lots of :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: . I promise I'll get some pics of the bus after we get back from our annual fall trip to Yosemite. Honeysuckle Rose doesn't get to go this time as lodging was arranged and paid for long ago. Besides, I haven't figured out a bike rack for the bus or toad so it'll have to be the Crown Vic one last time. By the time I get back I will expect to see a bunch of progress on your bus------------Jack
tango

Post by tango »

Hey Jack --- have a great time at Yosemite! --- we will be happy to console ourselves with pix of you steaming shrimp over some boiling mud pit.
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

What an absolutely faboulous conversion!

In my wildest dreams I couldn't have dreamed up what you have created.

Somewhere along the way I must have missed the cutting a hole in the roof for a pop-up section. Having natural light coming down inside from that will more than make up for the light lost from not having windows in the slide out.

You mentioned in your shake down some annoying details that would have to be ironed out.

One detail you didn't mention was the noise level. How loud is that Isuzu when you are cruising down the highway? Most of those in my experience make it difficult to have a conversation.

Again, GREAT JOB!
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Hey Mark. By the time the bus reaches about 50 mph and the trans is in overdrive lockup, the Isuzu noise is pretty much gone. What you do hear is an increase in wind noise to about 60 mph when that too seems to abate some. I think the wind noise is coming from what act as vent slots located in the L&R a pillars. I'll have to see if blocking them off helps any. Nevertheless, it is possible to converse at all speeds without yelling though it could be better. Jack
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

picture size test--successful.