CHANGES: A THREE YEAR OLD POST

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

mokibrabrant

CHANGES: A THREE YEAR OLD POST

Post by mokibrabrant »

Came upon a post from about 4 years ago...........so I came looking for the user "earthhorns"........last I could find of him was when he rode off into the sunset after purchasing that 66 Hewlett Packard-Neely Crown motorcoach..........I was checking up to see if he is still among us, and in particular if he still owns that Crown........Reason being I bought its brother..........There were four Crowns special Ordered by Hewlett Packard........Two Tandems and two single rear axle 35 footers. Earthhorns has one........I now have the other.........

Anyone who is still in contact with him give him a shout. I like to see what's become of that Coach, and as well talk to him a bit about mine, and take some notes as to where the fuses are kept and any of the "special" aspects of this particular build.....Moki It doesn't appear I can upload shots of my HP, so I'll just create an url to follow, that will take me to my FB page called CROWNING AROUND, and directly to the album with photo's of the sister Crown, brother Crown....https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 450&type=1
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Re: CHANGES: A THREE YEAR OLD POST

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Didn't one of our passed members "Chuck" have one as well? I think his was a film tv rig of some sort. This was way back when the Boss was still running the site "Pre-meltdown" if I remember right it was in nice shape
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
mokibrabrant

Post by mokibrabrant »

Nah the TV rigs were completely different animals..........they were what they call HPO's were much boxier........ Doesn't appear I can upload and image but here's and URL to what and HPO Crown looks likehttp://buskidspage.tripod.com/big_sunderland.jpgTotally different animal..........Other than the identifiable Crown "face" and of course quality. It was just a shot in the dark, wondering whether that Hewlett Packard Crown has survived. There were all the title issues, like it had none, but he seemed very pleased............anyway that's the scoop..............And yeah........the site has certainly sustained some kind of cataclysm. Appears to have only the semblance of life it one had. Anyway, I'm out........maybe something will rear it's head in this regard.............Moki
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Hmm, dig back a few years and you may find some of Chucks post. It looks like it could have been the same one. It may not have been a tv rig.
Peace along the way
mokibrabrant

Post by mokibrabrant »

ONly knowledge I have of this is the username the owner used on this site. EARTHHORNS.........whether this is Chuck or not I have no way of knowing......Here is the original thread.........[urlhttp://www.nomadicista.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1017][/url]That's all I have..........but there's no question in my mind, that this is an was 1 of the 4 built for Hewlett Packard...One of the tell-tale signs, is the Onan generator at the rear still present. Having seen the build sheets and the actual order sheets, I know that this "build" had swivel out batteries, but specially requested was a third battery with 3ft Leads to be left. And each tray having a "knife shutoff" that each battery cold be isolated, or combined with the other: The third battery was to be dedicated specifically for an Onan Generator that would be supplied and installed by Hewlett Packard=Neely..........
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Cool
Peace along the way
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Chuck is not Earthhorns, and it is a different bus. Earthhorns hasn't logged into the forum since April 2012.

You could try emailing him directly though. Just go to the topic you posted above, then scroll down to his post, and click on his name. It will then give you the option of either PMing him or Emailing. I would suggest the email option, as it is more likely to get through.

And please keep us updated if you find out anything.

P.S. this forum has never allowed direct uploading of photo's, but rather allows the posting of third party hosted photo's, using photobucket, etc.. Instructions are in the How To's & Announcements.
mokibrabrant

Post by mokibrabrant »

Thanks Stuart.........did what you suggested as my attempt as an initial contact........emailed him via the method you suggested.......Don't know what you mean by "it's a different bus". Different from what?..........The bus it appears that EARTHHORNS bought with the 220 Cummins and the 12 speed spicer without question was one of the four intercity Coaches manufactured for Hewlett Packard-Neely.........so when you say "it's a different bus" I haven't a clue to what you're referring..........Moki
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

I meant it's a different bus, than Chuck's one.
mokibrabrant

Post by mokibrabrant »

Got it............I guess earthhorns got his HP Intercity and has vanished from the face of the earthhorns. never to be heard from againhttps://www.facebook.com/26212431391245 ... =1&theater

Here's a link that indicates how his Coach..........as well as my Coach, looked at the time of delivery to HP-Neely...............another story in an URL

And just for the fun of it a photo of my HP intercity as it appears today, of course from a photo from my Facebook page CROWING AROUND https://www.facebook.com/26212431391245 ... =1&theater
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Wow, it's great 8)
Peace along the way