Why Are Many Modern Motorhomes So Damn Ugly...

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

The Flying Tortoise
Roving Reporter

Why Are Many Modern Motorhomes So Damn Ugly...

Post by The Flying Tortoise »

Why do manufacturers persist in making their motorhomes, fifth wheelers and caravans so damned ugly by attaching environmentally repulsive graffiti to their product.

Why do they have complete disregard for good design and no consideration for the environment.

I don't know but perhaps you might have some thoughts on the matter.

Have a look here... http://theflyingtortoise.blogspot.co.nz ... -such.html

Thanks.
Keith
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Re: Why Are Many Modern Motorhomes So Damn Ugly...

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

And the cost of those big plastic things are crazy
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Seriously ugly stuff.

I live in an RV park that makes noise about "off the wall" stuff, but I think that is mostly 'self-defense'...there have been a lot of odd stuff come through here in the last 8 years or so. There have been a couple of big military styled conversions along the lines of some have seen here. I like the old style motorhomes and trailers - Bowlus, Spartan, Wayzalot (RIP!), etc. Apparently one can buy a Bowlus new again.

I have a bus that is very slowly getting worked on occasionally, and I am going full blown hippie on it - like Furthur! Will just have to make sure I am self-contained enough to tell an uptight park to shove it.

If time, money, and not dieing first all come together, I would love to build something like the GM Futurliner...those just look too cool to not have one!
Lostranger

Post by Lostranger »

I especially hate the current trend in paint schemes. I refer to them as the ubiquitous swoops, swirls and swooshes. Perhaps the first one was an attempt to be unique, but as John Hartford said so well long ago, "What's the difference being different when it's difference now that looks alike?"