really "need" this------Hello All

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

ol trunt

really "need" this------Hello All

Post by ol trunt »

Hello All. I'm looking for a little guidance here. I've asked around but haven"t yet come up with the right solution. So---

Having more or less successfully used the "Honey, look what followed me home" ploy, I am now in need of another such line.
While looking at pics of camper conversions a couple of months ago I ran across a bunch of pics of motorcycle tent trailers. They are really cool. They weigh next to nothing, fold into a 3' X 4' trailer and would be a "valuable" addition to my little camping fleet. I can see it now, Honeysuckle rose towing the Morris Minor woodie wagon towing the color coordinated motorcycle tent trailer (probably can't do that except in Oregon) but still----

Anyway, I need to come up with an idea to explain why such a purchase would make sense. Especially since I've found the perfect little trailer within only a couple of hundred miles and for the poultry sum of a grand.
Jack
LuckyChow

Re: really "need" this------Hello All

Post by LuckyChow »

LOL, . . . . . I don't know Jack. :screwy: This one is going to be really hard to fudge . . . . . . It could possibly invovle a shopping trip for the SO to a major destination and a night of frolicking and dancing.
Darryl
Smyrna GA
2000 Gillig Phantom
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

I installed a "tow package" on my little pickup today in preparation for fetching the motorcycle trailer should I be able to buy it. ---------My activities did not go unnoticed. "The truck will be worth more when I sell it now that it has a tow package" I offered without making eye contact--------. Jack
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Oh LOOK .........." just the thing for the quick weekend away" ........... :mrgreen:
58 Bedford House
Lostranger

Post by Lostranger »

Sometimes you guys just crack me up.

I'm reminded of the ancient story about the fellow who dreamed that he had been plopped down in the "men's section" on judgment day. Before him were two doors, one marked "MEN" and the other "Henpecked Husbands." The line in front of "Henpecked Husbands" stretched out of site. In front of the "MEN" door stood one short, shy, mousy-looking fellow. The man having the dream asked him why he was there. "I don't know," came the answer. "Wilma told me to stand here."

Jim

P.S. Please don't tell my wife about this post.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Mine is wonderful about stuff like this...she didn't bat an eye when I brought home a '76 Intl skoolie. We used it for several years as a wagon to gather family/friends to go places as a group. Still waiting conversion to living quarters.

Have been talking recently about getting a small 'weekend' trailer - how it would be good for the short quick getaways...her response..."Yeah, that sounds good..." I think she must be as crazy as I am...! Makes for a pretty good fit.

We both got on board in a big way to buy 20 acres of land, so now am trying to figure out how/what to build there... After the two tornadoes we have been through the last month, I told her that the walls on the new house just keep getting thicker by the day. Now up to about 1 foot thick, reinforced concrete. She thinks it is a good idea. About the only thing she won't go along with is living in a traditional mobile home. Leaves me a LOT of room for toys!! Nice.

Told her I plan to build an 1870's "saloon" type building as a shop/pantry/office. Didn't bat an eye.
somewhereinusa

Post by somewhereinusa »

I'm good, most of the time she just doesn't understand what I'm talking about. :thumbup:
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Well, I brought the trailer home!

Image[b/]

Image[b/]

'Nuff said for now LOL. Jack
LuckyChow

Post by LuckyChow »

LOL, Jack you came to mind when I saw this . . . . .

Darryl
Smyrna GA
2000 Gillig Phantom
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Hello All. I finally got some pics of the new trailer. It certainly is a well thought out bit of design. I can set the whole thing up in one minute flat (sans carport). Sort of reminds me of an old school convertible, pre-hydraulics. I spent the day building a drop hitch for the Morris and another wiring the tail lamps. Two lamp to one lamp to two lamp--you had to be there but it all works. Jack

A candid shot of the new drop hitch I built for the Morris.Image

Another view. Image

All set up.Image

Not enough room to completely set up the garage. Image

View of the bed and dressing area (foreground). Image

I can access the trailer's storage area even with the tent set up. Image
Lostranger

Post by Lostranger »

That's quite a rig, Jack. Can't wait to see the MC9 pulling Honeysuckle Rose pulling the Morris pulling the tent trailer. You'll make national news.

Lovely wood work on the Morris. Is it maple?

Jim
LuckyChow

Post by LuckyChow »

That's a super nice setup Jack. Really a head turner. You don't see this everyday.
Darryl
Smyrna GA
2000 Gillig Phantom
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Hello All. Once I get the MCI designated a motor home so I can drive it I'll have to line 'em all up in front of my house. I have 100' of curb and only 85 feet of toys so all should fit--that would leave just about enough room for the cop car to park while the various citations are written :lol: .

LR, the wood came from England and is white ash. It works like oak. I ordered a kit from a vendor in Jolly Old and paid way too much--nearly $3000 US. I thought I had saved as the local wood workers wanted twice that to make up a kit. As it turned out, about all the Brits did was run off the squirrels and miss cut the pieces. I spent nearly a month and half trimming and fitting the pieces so I could use them :banghead: . I enjoy working with wood but I am allergic to saw dust. It affects my voice and eyes. Still, I am happy with the results and the finish. I used automotive clear coat which I applied with a brush and shaved down with a single edge razor. I kept painting and shaving until the grain was filled and then color sanded with 1500 grit wet paper and buffed. After nearly 3 years the finish still looks good and the little car still gives me pleasure. Jack

I've sure got a case of the blathers tonight but here is a pic of the Morris when I bought it. While white ash works like oak, it sure doesn't hold up like oak!Image[\b]
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

ol trunt wrote:Hello All. Once I get the MCI designated a motor home so I can drive it I'll have to line 'em all up in front of my house. I have 100' of curb and only 85 feet of toys so all should fit--that would leave just about enough room for the cop car to park while the various citations are written :lol: .

Maybe get a pair of SeaDoo's on a small trailer to go with the camper...

Is there a brand name with that trailer? That is very cool - I need one for my bike!