Who owns The Osprey?

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Who owns The Osprey?

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hi Sharkey

Did I read that you are the owner of The Osprey? What a great old rig. Are there any pics of the interior? Even in Rogers book there are only exterior photos. Im going to raise the roof of my skoolie in the spring/summer. I would like to see how others have made use of the space. Im going for a roof line something like the ones in Rogers book on page 14 and on the lower part of page 71. Do you know who owned the bus on page 71? Are there any pics of the interior of these buses? Well, I hope all is going well on your end.
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

No, no, Osprey is not my bus. It's owned by Steve, who lives in it with his wife and two sons. The picture on page 159 in Roger's book was taken in my driveway (look for the overhang of the Crown in the upper right corner of the photo) when Steve was on his way to Alaska to look for a new piece of land. The interior of the bus was crammed full with all of their possessions, so photos weren't possible.

The front bus roof graft is open to the floor, making the ceiling of the living room and kitchen quite high. The back roof graft is a double-decker arrangement, with the top level being kid's space and below the master bedroom.

The bus on page 14 is Sam and Pat's, and the interior is featured throughout the book. The bus on 71 is Mark and Marie's, and might have some interior shots, I can't say for sure. Both buses belonged to friends of Roger, who would know better than I do.

Trivia question for those of you with Roger's book: On what page does the naked lady appear?
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

On what page does the naked lady apear?

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

BING! BING! BING!

The naked lady is on page 154 :shock:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.