Trade a 2000 toyota tacoma to build my housetruck! LA area..

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

daughterofthesun

Trade a 2000 toyota tacoma to build my housetruck! LA area..

Post by daughterofthesun »

Looking for someone who can help build my wagon!! I have is a 2000 toyota tacoma that i can trade to build it! I have the trailer already and now all i need is my worker bee!! Here is an ad i placed on craigslist with more info...

Are you a woodworker? Good at building things?? Do you need a truck? Well, i need someone to help me build my gypsy wagon!! I have an 8 x 16' flatbed trailer that I want to start building my housetruck/gypsy wagon on. I have a 2000 toyota tacoma pickup in great shape that i would be willing to trade for the job. The truck has 204,000 miles but if you know toyotas, you know they will run forever if taken care of. I love this little guy and he has been good to me but, i need to upgrade to pull my housetruck. Has a liner in the bed, stick shift, cassette player... great for work! Truck comes without the camper shell. Low kelley bluebook is 5,000.

I will pay for materials to build the wagon. I have some tentative plans of the layout and lots of books for inspiration! If your an old hippie we would probably get along great as im sure you remember these trucks from back in the 60s and 70s... This is a great opportunity to build something fun!! Here are some sights to get a better idea of what im building... http://housetrucks.com/maindex.html

This is the 8 x 16' trailer... the stakes have been removed...

Im ready to get this thing under way! Email me for lots more photos!!
** Feel free to pass onto friends whom you think might be a good match too! Thanks, amy
daughterofthesun

So I have about ten people who are interested in building the wagon. Lots of interesting backgrounds and all have a lot of experience with carpentry and woodworking. I am going to meet up with them next week to go over plans and such. I have a list of important questions... How long do they think it will take to build? Do they have their own tools, do they have photos of previous work?

Are there any suggestions of other questions or things i should look for when hiring someone? This is something that is very important to me and i want to find the right person to do this. Someone with good taste too.. not just a throw together shitty wood project!

Thank you!
maldoran

photos of other 13 wagons available??

Post by maldoran »

hey could you post some photos of the other wagons you speak of? the one in your post is beautiful. kevin in CT
daughterofthesun

My friends Sunny actually built that one. He has built 13 and lives up in Montana. I can ask him for some photos of more if you like though i think he is in the process of moving to Oregon with his partner Brooke. Here is a link to their website... http://medicineeagle.com/
daughterofthesun

woo hoo!!! Found someone to build my wagon!! He sounds like the right guy for the job... has a woodworking shop on his land. We are picking up the trailer tonight to start on the weekend!! I have used Rolling Homes and Rogers book for most of my inspiration. Lots of stained glass and vintage qualities! I guess it will take him two months or so.... Come June i will be ready to roll! Have a month off from work then and im starting my journey in NM, heading up to Wyoming and the Oregon. I will post photos as its coming along.
Last edited by daughterofthesun on Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Sweet

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

You go girls, I can't wait to see it :)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.