Celebrity in our midst

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

J.B.

Celebrity in our midst

Post by J.B. »

Hi Damian :D , I happened to catch you on the travel channel tonight. It was nice to see the interior of the Firetruck,Mobile home,or, I don't know what to call it. Do you have a name for your rig :?: I see that you successfully hogged most of the glamor shots and did not share many shots of your sweetie with us :cry: . All kidding aside good work. Nice to see more of the big rig even if it was a made for T.V. movie.

Have a great New Year.
J.B.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Thanks J.B. ... glad you liked the show. This is the reason I like doing these media spots. Whatever you have to go through to get "yourself published", just the exposure and positive feedback is enough make it all worthwhile. As per your post.
My truck is called "Know Where To Go" ... taken from the Abbey Road album track "You never give my your money". It is impossible to know by hearing it if you mean "Nowhere to go" or "Know Where To Go". More importantly this is the only occurance in the English Language where a double meaning has an equal and opposite meaning. There was a linguist who asked his friend if he had a lot of sex. His reply: "Infrequently". Same kind of deal. This incedentally is from one of the top Liguists in the world who was on the Larry King show (Radio, 1988?) ... and I got through and he was unaware of my firetrucks name's meaning. Amaizing that the Beatles used it very effectively, and nobody but me seems to have noticed!
Note: This song is very much a housetruckers theme song (outdone perhaps by the Who's Going Mobile)
In terms of it's "step on the gas and wipe that tear away" poetry.
My policy in the Firetruck is for me to answer the phone with: "know where to go". ... then I ask them what I've just said and what it means... and if they say KWTG then they're "on the bus" and if they say "Nowhere to go" ... they can go and f-iretr-uck themselves. It's my outlook on life filter. NOTE: Firetruck is the only other word in the english language that starts with F and ends in UCK.
And there you have it !
So glad you enjoyed the show. :idea:
J.B.

Celebrity

Post by J.B. »

Hi Damien, I have a name for my 78 Crown conversion. "Farther", not Further as in Magic Bus fame but "Farther". My hope is that "Farther will go farther than Further did. Besides if you just called it "the bus" it would seem to not have a soul. With a proper name the object takes life and meaning.With life and meaning comes heart and soul, at least to me.

J.B.
J.B.
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

i named mine "oddjob" because, at the time, i was doing odd jobs and also because it is an odd-job:
[img]http://dadeo_lazer.home.comcast.net/pics/snow_bus.jpg[/img]
[img]http://dadeo_lazer.home.comcast.net/pics/brokedown.jpg[/img]