1938 IHC gypsy wagon camper completed

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

maldoran

1938 IHC gypsy wagon camper completed

Post by maldoran »

hey, i am finally done with my project after 3 years, all that is left to do is hang the curtains. would love input and ideas on insurance, and caravan friendly areas across the US to camp. you can see my latest photos at http://picasaweb.google.com/kaputafj/kevinsgypsywagon or thru sharkeys site under other trucks.
captainkf

Post by captainkf »

That's a great looking rig. Do you have any recent photo's or is that them on your site? Love to see it packed up and ready for the road. What an interesting rig!

-Richard
maldoran

just saving up gas money

Post by maldoran »

hey thanks for the input. i have been driving some locally and am trying to plan a trip in the future. how far do you travel with your creation? kevin
captainkf

Post by captainkf »

Well, it's been across the country once and a few road trips here and there. So far about 15,000 km's. I look forward to getting it back on the road next summer. I hope to go out east for July.

However the time is nice as I don't think these creations are ever done. I keep ticking off more projects and improving on previous projects. I just installed an 80 watt shell solar panel with a morningstar charge controller. Yay!

So many things on the list.

Keep us posted on the progress and/or travels in your machine.

-Richard