Need Your help for new show on HG

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

OffbeatAmerica

Need Your help for new show on HG

Post by OffbeatAmerica »

Hi there-
I'm a producer for a show called "Off-Beat America" that will be airing on the Home and Garden Network here in a few months. Right now our staff is busy researching possible show ideas and we need help!

The show is about unusual and extreme homes, people's weird and "offbeat" hobbies and crafts, collectors and any other Gee-Whiz stuff that relates to the home or garden.

It sounds like some of you might be able to help me in locating some of these "Houses on wheels" or any weird house, for that matter.
Any suggestions on where to find some of these wacky homeowners?

Thanks!!
Stan

Post by Stan »

Suggestions? Sure! :D

Not calling people's houses "weird" would be a nice place to start... ;)
Stan Clayton
Capttrips25

Re HG

Post by Capttrips25 »

Well I don't mind. Willow is aways open for guest.
capttrips25@yahoo.com

Damien

Post by Damien »

I'm in. What could be worse than calling our homes "normal" homes ? They are weird ! I recall Dan Savage coming to a guys rescue because he claimed that homosexuality "wasn't normal". In the strict-est sense of the word "normal" means "the majority" ... or greater than 50%. So the "straight world" (those NOT living in handmade homes) see us as being "weird" ... which, thank-god, for them, and us, is the truth.

Interior shots from last Sunday pasted below ... you might get a kick out of a framed collage of "Rolling Homes: HHOW" that hangs in the living room. These are colour-lazer copies from my original copy: please don't think I chopped it up !
My firetruck influences are obvious. The "Institute of Obnoxious Art" has been pushed to the extreme, as you can see.

Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

??? I don't see any images, Damien. Do you think you have found some way of uploading pictures to my server that I don't know about? Oh, that's right, "attaching pictures" is my cue to check my email, I'll be right back!

Don't worry about missing out on this opportunity, you'll get your customary e-mail, I'm sure.

To cap it off, it's like a bumper sticker I saw last week:
You're laughing at me because I'm different, but I'm laughing at you because you are the same as everyone else.
Dennis The busdweller

Hey! Off Beat America guy

Post by Dennis The busdweller »

I need a little over 5 grand to do my roof raising on my bus/home. If you foot the bill upfront I'll let yah film the work as I do it }:o) Just a thought.

Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
OffbeatAmerica

Post by OffbeatAmerica »

Thanks to those of you who replied. We're putting together a list of names and will be getting in touch with some of you here in the near future.