Joaquin Suave Checking in...

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Joaquin Suave

Joaquin Suave Checking in...

Post by Joaquin Suave »

Here is Casa Azul, our 4x4 adventure condominium.

tamangel
Roving Reporter

Post by tamangel »

you'll probably hate this Joaquin, but wanted others to see your handy work..

http://www.travelchannel.com/Video_%26_ ... f=TITLE614

Did I hear, somewhere, you were thinking of selling the cab and chassis, not the box of Casa Azul? Hows Libelula coming along..? Maybe a link to its progress..

Mike

support local farms, eat in season..
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

??? What is that car? A Studebaker??

More still pics, please, us old folks in the sticks can't do video on dialup.
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

I saw you on TV!!
Joaquin Suave

Post by Joaquin Suave »

you'll probably hate this Joaquin
OH, MAN!!! No, really its just more tiring than anything.
Did I hear, somewhere, you were thinking of selling the cab and chassis, not the box of Casa Azul?
Yeah on EXPO (of course)...
My first plan was to swap the box on to another truck
I had a couple of oppertunites to buy a later year cab & chassis with "close" to the exact powerplant & driveline that i wanted. Neather of the selling parties and I could come to an agreeable price. So plan B...

I purchased the exact motor & transmission that i wanted, and now am about 40 percent of the way threw re-motoring Casa. I'm actually SUPER-STOKED that i choose this route! This way i can "nit-pick" my way through every aspect of my driveline ( like a "little" pump love, and then a little transmission love to deal with the pump love). While i've got Casa's front end torn off...I've also gone "hog wild" on the front suspension. I'm happy to not have to move the "systems" (tanks, batteries, so on)between the trucks as well.

Hopefully if all goes as planned, We'll be taking Casa on her first shake down trips in May.

Libelula, She'g got to wait! The re-engineering & mfg. of the components to make her sound...I going be an expensive B*TCH! I'm looking at the re-model of Casa sort of like "training wheels".

Starkey wrote:
??? What is that car? A Studebaker??
Yes, it is a 1951 Studebaker champion starlight coupe. I spun the canoupe(sp?) around 180 degrees and "glued" it together (all steel, less than pint of bondo!).