1946 Chevy Truck Cabin

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

1946 Chevy Truck Cabin

Post by Sharkey »

Got some email the other day from a fellow in the UK, "hillbilly dreaming" who has bult a small cabin in the bed of an old pickup truck. When the photos arrived today, I thought that GoodClue might appreciate them, so here they are:

Here's a bit of the text of the email to give you an idea what the idea is:
hillbilly dreaming wrote:l've just build a hillbilly truck home on my original 46 chevy, l've had a amazing reaction so far, well l do live in the wilds of Yorkshire,UK

lts only wee but l sleep in it when l go to car shows & when l want to excape from the family. l've tryed to encompass the old American feel over hear in the UK, l've been lucky having traveled alot of the US & Canada.
Interestingly, the truck looks to be left-hand drive, which must make it entertaining to drive over in the UK.
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

8) Swe-e-e-t! 8)

(Reminds me of my first mini-motorhome - a Nappanee "Casual" built on a Ford Courier chassis - tiny, but suprisingly admirable. I lived in it for over a year. The only place I could stand straight up was under the roof vent, :lol: !)
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Thats a great little rig. I'd love to have it to perk around in for the summer. It's nice and small and you could tuck it in to hidden corners.
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
GoodClue

'46 Chey Truck Cabin ...

Post by GoodClue »

Your right Sharkey, very enjoyable, got to love those old chevy's ... and a nice capture of the American hillbilly spirit. Makes me feel like I'm living in a mansion ... I'd like to see more frontal shots, kind of like checking out a good looking woman, like to see the whole package ... :wink: GoodClue
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Got a few more photos of this truck in it's natural environment:

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

If I don't pass away before I get my big blue home finished I'll have to build me an old school housetruck. It will have to be a little bigger then this on but not as big as yours or Rogers. :D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
GoodClue

"46 Hillbilly Dreaming

Post by GoodClue »

Thanks for the frontal shots Sharkey, lets the whole picture shine through ... reminds me of my grandpa's 46 Dodge pickup ... first time I rode in it was in the pickup bed on the driver's side, enjoying the ride, hanging on the siderail, hair blowing in the wind ... and then the wad of chewing tobacco hit me square in the face ... used to love driving it on those Missouri backroads heading to a morrow to go catfishing ... they do NOT make them like they used to ... it's why I bought my old chevy bus when I saw it ... love at first site, and what a kick to drive, tho it's in living mode for a while longer, I'm anxious to get some work done on it and put a few more miles on it. Thanks for the memories, GoodClue. :wink:
ema

Post by ema »

Honestly, I first thought it was a tree house (Of course, that is, not minding the title above.:D ) it is very cute and seems relaxing. I think I can already feel what Good Cue used to feel about riding his grandpa's truck. Although my worry is, isn't it shaky since it's wood? I mean the house.