On the Road Again

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

GavynAaron

On the Road Again

Post by GavynAaron »

Hello everyone,

I have lived on the road for long periods of time in my suburban, usually traveling the southwest as that is my favorite part of the country. I make my living as a photo/videographer and artist. Every time I try to settle down and be "normal" I just end up getting miserable and hitting the road again. I'm just truly happy there. I've finally made the leap and decided why fight it? Normal is subjective, and I'm going to do what makes me happy.

I lucked onto a deal. A lady got two school buses from a divorce, both 1986 GMCs. They're in GREAT condition, and she just wants to get rid of them. I've had them both looked at by a mechanic and test drove the one I would want. I made the decision and bought it for just $800!!!! She would've sold them both to me for $1400 total, but what am I going to do with TWO buses!?

Anyway, I'm very excited and must say very nervous as well. I've got the heebie jeebies now. Was it the right decision? Should I have looked into a tour bus instead? I spend most of my time in the southwest, and it gets pretty hilly. Will this handle going up and down those hills okay? Can I maintain 70mph on flat road without much of a problem? Doesn't matter, I'm happy with the decision and I suppose I will work around those issues as they arise.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group as I'll be participating here quite a bit. I'll also provide a link to a web site I'm working on specifically for this when it's up and running, as well as a newsletter I'll be starting. I've never been happier! I made my decision, and in spite of the post-purchase shivers, I'm happy with it. The road is just where I belong for whatever reason. Call it insatiable wanderlust I guess.

By the way, I've named her LuLu :)

Regards,
Gavyn Aaron
I am a traveler and I am a navigator, and every day I discover a new region within my soul. -- Khalil Gibran, "The Prophet"