different type of road homes....

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

dragonhorseboy

Post by dragonhorseboy »

it was the best I could even find from google-images search but anyhow any comments on this particular type of truck? I know that steering in city might be a problem but then....as said in first post its just a concept idea on paper so far yet

http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:Fc ... FL80-1.jpg

its a freightliner FL80 (seem google keep returning day cab with empty chassis oftenly...figures)

I kinda like the split windows for the upper bunk there (yes, these are double sleeper types...so I guess guests or codrivers are welcome heh)

dragonhorseboy....
Melwynnd

Big trucks

Post by Melwynnd »

Stan,

It's interesting there is leniency in that area in California as I always dreaded going there in a commercial rig. Cali has the most stringent inspections of pretty much any state.

Dragonhorseboy,

Maybe I'm confused..........are you going to build on a trailer to live in or are you planning on living in the truck itself? I lived in a Freightliner similar to the one you showed on the pic with my husband and a large dog for six months. My biggest gripe was.......no shower!!

Some opinions please........I am seriously considering using SIPs(structural insulated panels) for the exterior walls on my home. Does anyone have any experience building with these things? I did find a company in MI that was interested in my project and will precut everything(haven't sent them the tentative plans for a price estimate yet). Also, I'd like to try in-floor radiant heat. Radiantec advertises on their site that they have done a housebus, so perhaps that would be the way to go? No ducts or blowing dust would be nice.

Thanks,

Mel
Find someone to take you where you would otherwise not go!
Stan

Post by Stan »

There is a good synopsis of State and Provincial motorhome laws here.
Stan Clayton
dragonhorseboy

Re: Big trucks

Post by dragonhorseboy »

Melwynnd wrote:Maybe I'm confused..........are you going to build on a trailer to live in or are you planning on living in the truck itself? I lived in a Freightliner similar to the one you showed on the pic with my husband and a large dog for six months. My biggest gripe was.......no shower!!

Mel
hmm well I was thinking of the cab as a small primary home (sleep, drive, eat, some magazines ya know?) then either the box or a trailer as an extension (kitchen, shower, etc)

dragonhorseboy....
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

damn, look at this:
http://www.broeckx.org/quarters.htm
heres some ideas.
its like they loved their camper so much, they kept up-grading around it, with different vehicles!!
dragonhorseboy

Post by dragonhorseboy »

that was quite interesting there dadeo!

:)

dragonhorseboy...
Damien

Post by Damien »

This is definitely the next-generation undergoing some form of forward-thinking transformation. It's so coool ! I keep expecting Mad-Max to come flying out of the woodwork at any moment. But those are YOUR children raised in these things. To hell with grafted '66 VW roofs ... I wanna' 58-foot milk-tanker ! Just love it! Keep it up ... I'm your biggest fan. Don't be shy.