short bus

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum. Posting images can be a little tricky sometimes, especially when the address contains so many variables. In this case, I don't think Yahoo is going to let us actually display the image (I tried several times in different ways to post it), so here's a link to the image that can be clicked and followed to view the bus. Cute.
dragonhorseboy

Post by dragonhorseboy »

short...curved rear....curved roof top....50's hood (or am I wrong?).....windshield looks like its curved from the middle

who would not want this bus???????? gimme!!!!!!!!!! hahaha :lol: :roll:

dhb
motthediesel

Post by motthediesel »

The last year and a half ('54 thru 55-1/2) of Chevy/GMC AD (Advanced Design) truck production was a transitional period, and they all had one piece curved glass windshields.
That is one adorable little bus! 8)
Did you guy's look at the rest of the pictures? What were those 8 bolt wheels on the Blue Chebby flatbed? Looked big, maybe 20"? Whatever, I love them!
And how about that converted broadcast bus? Dandy house bus that would make --
moT
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Hmm, they are 8 bolt. I was going to suggest that they might be the same as those that came on my Housetruck, 7.00 x 18, but my rims were 10 bolt.

Post by guest »

Those are 8 lug wheels,
I think they are 18"
I got another complete set of 6 wheels with siz enw tires on them.
Sold a truck to a guy who wanted 16 inch wheels.

Gonna try to convert the Crown Cargo Coach to a housecar, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

It was full of analog broadcast equipment that I gave to a friend, an dstill has hundreds and hundreds of feet of coaxial cable under the false floor.

The good news is the chassis has 120,000 miles and the 6v71 detroit has about 28,000 miles.

Going to have a guy buff out the trim and then will paint it this summer.
uglyblue66

I like it

Post by uglyblue66 »

Just wanted to say I enjoyed browesing that album. I am into the old trucks to. Just took my model T 1 ton for a drive this after noon. Nothing like driveing the old stuff.
Anyone with cash or credit can buy what they want, Only a few folkes have what it takes to build thier dreams.

Post by Guest »

Look at my pictures, the link is somewhere in this thread.
The Crown coach has aluminum sides that are dull.
I was told that these sides can be polished to look like an airstream.

I have surfed the web and seen the finished results, but can't find out the details on how to do it.

One person suggested I drive to a truck stop, get on a cb and hire someone to polish them....it would be easier than trying to do it myself.

Anyhelp here?

thanks
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

i see it, its here, from this image on: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jimlee138 ... pg&.src=ph
it looks real cool, put some windows on the sides, and itll be on its way! as for the aluminum, I dunno..... but good luck!!