1973 Blue Bird

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

There is plenty of time before the last segment of the van/truck article.

Grab some dinner, give the family a hug and a kiss, and come back when you can.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

dburt wrote:Rudy, I see you wear the same official uniform I do most of the time- good 'ole bibs! It's like having your own portable little office with you all the time. I keep my cell phone, small spiral bound note book, a pen and small 'penlite' flashlight in the upper pockets on my chest. My trusty but mostly empty wallet rides in the rear left pocket, the right rear pocket carries my comb to style my rather thin hair if I take my cap off. Then in a side pocket on the right leg I carry my large folding knife, and a smaller pocket knife in the upper left side pocket. The upper right side pocket carries my important keys- ie: the house key, shop, car, truck, etc. I'm almost a self-contained little unit :D
DB, I also like my camo pants that have pockets on the sides.
Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I like my overalls, too...in fact, they are my favorite thing to wear. I used to have some camo pants but I hung them in my closet and now I can't find them.

:D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Crazac

My first post!

Post by Crazac »

Hey everybody, Well this is my first post on here. This is a mega cool website and forum! I am looking forward to more posting and reading.
Guess I'll leave it at that.
Crazac

My first post!

Post by Crazac »

Oh, and by the way, this is the guy who's property Rudy is living on.
Standaddy

Post by Standaddy »

Welcome Crazac,
I think you'll find this to be a unique place, with lots of good info. A place populated by some intelligent and easy-going folks. Enjoy.
Stan
Rudy

Re: My first post!

Post by Rudy »

Crazac wrote:Hey everybody, Well this is my first post on here. This is a mega cool website and forum! I am looking forward to more posting and reading.
Guess I'll leave it at that.
Zac, welcome to cyberspace.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Welcome to the long awaited final chapter of the van/truck story.

Here you see Zac and Mahra doing the final tie down of the load going to the Rock House concert.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Having arrived at the rock house, the set up begins. First, the tent is laid out and the the stakes and poles are installed. This is a 40X20 center section that we used for the show.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

The first two sections of the stage go up. The stage sections are 4 feet by 4 feet. They are made of steel frames with 3/4 plywood inside the frames.

They attach to each other by means of knobs and slots. Then they are locked together by means of casket lever clamps that get tightened with a large Allen wrench.

The legs are adjustable. They are made of perforated steel square tubes that are held in position with quick release pins. Also, there are feet that screw up or down for fine tuning of the leveling.

Here you see the last of the staging being assembled. You also see that the sound equipment is being set up.

Another photo of the P.A. speakers, and Zac's awesome truck.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

This is a mid 60s GMC firetruck. Although it is in excellent condition, it no longer functions as a firetruck.

It has the distinction of being a large and most beautiful smoker. The guy who owns it converted it to be able to accommodate cooking for a large crowd.

That day, he cooked enough pulled pork, chicken, beans, onions, and vegetables for three hundred people.

The truck is fully self contained with cooking areas and a water supply.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

The music begins with a fine singer/songwriter named Lyal Strickland.

Lyal invited me and the next guy to perform (Joe Mack) to play his last song with him. Joe Mack also invited Lyal and me to play the first song of his set with him. These are photos of that.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

A view of the crowd.

This band (The Honky Tonk Renovators) rocked the place. The drummer played standing up. He had a kick drum, a snare drum that he played with brushes, and one cymbal. He sang like Johnny Cash.

This photo brings the van/truck series to a close. I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have.

This is the happy crowd at the concert. A good time was had by all.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Coming soon: The building of the underground house.

It's already started.
Got love? Give love.