1973 Blue Bird

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Abby IS a beautiful dog...the fur on her legs is so thick and fluffy all the way to her feet 8) Speaking of dogs...I bet your dogs are in heaven there at your new place? I can't wait to get my dogs out to my land permanently where they'll have much more room than the small fenced in back yard they have now.

Looking forward to your photos and stories! :thumbup:
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Blu, my dogs are once again sentenced to life on the leash. I cannot let them roam free here. They would most certainly kill one of the cats or chickens.

They are used to being in the bus. I take them out several times a day.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Soon, we'll be back to the underground house project.

Right now, we get to see Gary's pond. Gary is the helpful neighbor who brings his blue Ford tractor over to help with some digging in the hole where Zac's underground house will be.

Gary had a nice pond until the muskrats chewed through the dam.

Now, his pond looks spooky.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Let's take a trip over to Rick and Shelley's place. Rick brought over his Kubota tractor to also help with straightening the dirt walls of the underground house hole.

Rick has some cool vehicles.

We'll start with some views going up the dirt road to his driveway. I used Zac's golf cart to get there.

Here's Rick's driveway.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here is Rick's 1950 Chevy.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

This is a 1942? Jeep Willys. He has two Willys.

Notice the roller platforms under the wheels of the red one. You can roll the Jeep around the garage easily.

Also, in these pics you see his Toyota Land Cruiser that is in excellent condition.

Here is a way cool (oops, I mean warm) woodstove.

And, of course, the Land Cruiser.

Oh, by the way, the dog pictured previously, named Abby, is Rick's dog.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here is the other Jeep Willys. It is extra heavy duty, and has a PTO on the back.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

A SIDE NOTE:

Using Photobucket is much easier and quicker than TinyPic to upload photos.
Register with Photobucket, and you can upload many pics at one time to your own albums. You can make sub albums for different categories of your photos.

Then you can get the image code, and quickly post them to forums. I don't see an image resize function yet, but I just now started using this photo hosting program.

It will cut my work to a fraction of the time that I spent with TinyPic. YAY!!
Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Yes, Photobucket is much faster than using tinypic. Be sure to change your privacy settings to suit your needs.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Welcome back to the further adventures of the Blue Bird Guy.

We'll get back to the underground house project soon, but now let's go to a benefit concert for cleaning up the Finley river.

Zac donated his time and stage, tent, and sound equipment. We set up next to the river. Fortunately there were many people to help us set everything up when we arrived to the spot.

A 26 foot box truck was donated for us to use for hauling the equipment. Zac, CJ, and I loaded up the truck.

It is an International 26 foot box truck with a DT466 diesel engine, and hydraulic brakes. It has a five speed automatic transmission that has a PARK position. It also has a parking brake on a lever.

I was excited to actually see a DT466. It is a six cylinder that is very long. It would never fit in my bus.

The truck got 12.6 MPG. That is awesome.

Sorry to make you wait, but right now I have to go help unload the Box truck. I'll be back in a couple of hours.

OOH! The suspense is killing me.
Last edited by Rudy on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

ezrablu wrote:Yes, Photobucket is much faster than using tinypic. Be sure to change your privacy settings to suit your needs.
Privacy? If I gotta go pee, I'll make it private. Ha Ha.

I noticed something about privacy setting this morning. Does that mean if I use the privacy setting, no on can use my photos other than me?
Got love? Give love.
tamangel
Roving Reporter

Post by tamangel »

the orange jeep is at least a 1948-1953 model, CJ-3A as 2 piece windshields were standard before 1948. The green one's tailgate indicates a 1945-1951 model. Not that good w/ Toy L/C's..

Nice Chevy Fleetline..

always liked DT466 engines, popular and plentiful.... funny always thought they were a V8..I like straight 6's.. thanks for the observation..

Mike
splummer

Post by splummer »

Rudy wrote:This is a 1942? Jeep Willys. He has two Willys.

Notice the roller platforms under the wheels of the red one. You can roll the Jeep around the garage easily.

Also, in these pics you see his Toyota Land Cruiser that is in excellent condition.

Here is a way cool (oops, I mean warm) woodstove.

And, of course, the Land Cruiser.

Oh, by the way, the dog pictured previously, named Abby, is Rick's dog.
interseting place , lets spend some more time hanging around his garage,whatdo you say. steve
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Welcome back to the exciting day's events of the River concert. It is the 13th Annual Dam Jam.

Early Saturday morning, on the day of the music festival, many people had signed up to go "floating".

What that is is those people had boats, canoes, and kayaks. They signed up for the cleanup crew. They put in several miles up river, and floated down, all the while looking for and extracting trash from the river. There were many crews.

They spotted items, and then put them in a position to be taken away. As an example of what was cleaned up, there were 200 tires, some bed frames, a farm rake from a tractor. I don't remember all the items that were mentioned. There may have even been some household appliances.

All of the floaters and other volunteers were treated to free meal tickets and beer tickets and the fun of watching the three bands that played that day, and they got a free T-shirt. I got mine.

Let's begin with the box truck that Zac and CJ and I had the task of loading the equipment into.

I had looked under the truck to see if there were air brakes. They were hydraulic brakes. I suppose that they are not air brakes because for a commercial vehicle, you need a special license for air brakes.

If you have your vehicle registered as a motorhome, you don't need a special license for air brakes.

Being that these trucks are rented to common citizens, they are hydraulic brakes.

One thing I did see when I was under the vehicle was a (drum brake looking device) directly in front of the rear end. It was attached to the driveshaft It also had a cable going to it.

It took mere seconds for me to surmise that the unit was the parking brake. I presume I am correct. Mark, I am sure you know what this is.

Here is the pic.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here you see the truck almost loaded with the stuff we brought to the concert site.

We had a 20X40 center section tent, staging sections enough for a 20X12 stage, as well platforms on each side of the stage for the eight big speaker cabinets. We also had six monitor speakers, as well as all the cases for mics, mixer, cables, and also the power distribution box.

We were fortunate to have volunteers to help us set up all this stuff, and two sound system experts to help run the sound.

Got love? Give love.