Tiny House Blog

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

Tiny House Blog

Post by Sharkey »

Earlier this week I was approached by Kent Griswold of the Tiny House Blog asking permission to republish my review of Some Turtles Have Nice Shells on his site. This was after another blog post featuring excerpts from both Rolling Homes and Turtles apeared.

Kent and I decided that rather than post my review as a comment in the first blog entry, he'd create a new article and I would do some judicious editing to make it fit the format of his site.

The result is now on the index page of the Tiny House Blog. The permalink for the article is here. The previous article can be found by clicking this permalink.

I've added the Tiny House Blog to the Links page in the busbarn, as I think it has a lot of offer in the way of ideas for the construction of mobile homesteads, and some of the structures depicted are beautiful art forms in an of themselves.

Got some visitors coming by this site as a result of the referral, so maybe we'll have some new folks joining the forum...
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Sharkey, This is way cool. I can't wait to peruse all the pictures later today after I work on the bus. The next priority is propane lines so I can be ready for the cool and cold weather soon approaching. I know this is not the coldest place in the nation, but when it is twenty degrees outside, it is certainly cold enough to have some heat going inside the bus.
GoodClue

Tiny House Blog ...

Post by GoodClue »

Thank you Sharkey ... I've been collecting info on tiny houses and alternative construction for my studio/home on my small CO mining town lots, and the Tiny House Blog is spot on with places I've not found. I especially like the "Low impact Woodland Home" in Wales, Long Live Hobbits, and the Canadian HABITAFLEX Foldable and transportable home ... CUDOs for Tiny House Blog and you for sharing. :thumbup:
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Welp, I just got done crunching the numbers for the site statistics from last week, and it looks like the Tiny House people must have spent a lot of time hanging around here when they weren't busy building with their tiny tools.

A "normal" week for mrsharkey.com is 11,000 to 12,000 page views. It sometimes comes in lower or higher, but has been pretty close to this level for the last two years or so.

Last week, I delivered 19,990 pages! The only week that exceeded this was in May 2005 when This Old House magazine published a full page housetruck feature, at which time I served 29,223 pages.

According to my stats, I received 567 referrals from tinyhouseblog.com last week. Averaging it out, each referral generated an additional 11.23 page views, that is, once people were on the site after following the link from the blog, they stayed and looked at more than the linked page. Cool.

Roger's housetruck page got 103 views last week, and 334 this week.
The Turtles book review got 44 views last week and 117 this week.
The two articles (RG and EW) weren't listed last week (essentially zero views) and got 56 and 51 views, respectively.

Of course, Rudy's 1973 Blue Bird construction thread produced a few views as well (over 1,000 as of this morning).

Hope we were able to return the favor and give the Tiny House Blog some traffic as well.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

"...building with their tiny tools" Now that is funny.