Hey Sharkey- anymore pics and stories about Grace the bus??

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

dburt

Hey Sharkey- anymore pics and stories about Grace the bus??

Post by dburt »

Sharkey, I recently discovered the forum here on your site and got into reading "The Grace Chronicles" as I call them. They are very interesting and your stories are good, so do you have anymore to add?? I kinda' got hooked on the pics and narative and am having withdrawal symptoms, so you need to get something posted quick!! Or at least start another story line for us to enjoy. And thanks again for a great site, and for this forum!! Dennis B
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Dennis, sorry, nothing to report on that particular bus, my information on it is pretty much played out. I'm no longer in contact with the owner, last I heard he was building a house in New Mexico somewhere.

As the nights get longer, I'll have some more to add to the 30 Years in a Housetruck series. I haven't even covered all of the the first of the thiry years. Oh, eh, well, it will soon be 35 years. Lots more to relate, it gets even stranger as time goes on. I had intended to write more last winter, but it was a pretty heavy time for me, and I put it off.

Stay tuned (or at least don't disappear completely...)
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Sharkey, As you know, I too, anxiously await to read your wonderful words. It seems that you excel in all of your creative output. How did you become so brainy?
dburt

Post by dburt »

Ok, looks like I will have to wait, but it will be with baited breath (whatever that means?) or with much anticipation! Those stories and pictures take me back to a more simple and innocent (?) time of life, when projects equaled adventures. We just dove into things and adjusted as we went along. Now- sometimes I get afraid to start anything without a financial analysis, engineering study and enviromental impact statement. In the old days much of the ignorance of the possible negative outcomes equaled a sort of bliss which made life more enjoyable, and easier to shake off the negative outcomes when they occured. Oh no, I believe I am becoming my dad, yearning for the "good old days"! I was told it would happen, it happens to us all but I sure never thought I would actually live to see the day! On another note, remember the van craze of the '70's? I got into it with a new Ford van I was building in '75. I kinda get misty eyed over thinking about that craze. I wonder if it will ever have a revival, like the rat rod craze.