Thirty Years in a Housetruck

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Yah, me to
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
pmspirito

great story

Post by pmspirito »

great story. I'm at the 11-13-07 post. keep writing. thanks

www.peterspirito.com :wink:
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Yeah, I got to get busy and add some to this topic. Been too busy either working or trying to get some projects around the property done while the weather is still manageable.

For the last three weeks, I've been working evenings on a big project for the web site, something that I'll preview in a couple more weeks, but it's too early to let the pussy out of the bag for now.

Hang on, I've got material for another entry laying on my desk, I just have to limber up my typing fingers and put it into text. Seems like I can't type worth a dang for the last few days, even short emails are painful to spellcheck...
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

hey Sharky, I am still alive. not on the computer much anymore. Still living in my Crown. And still in San Marcos doing the same job at the palm nursery. Will try and post a bit more.

Heres my latest buggy I built up to tow behind the bus.

Phil Feinstein

Post by Phil Feinstein »

I love those hard top Suzis! I had an '87 back in 1990 and I heard they stopped making them in '88.

My Suzi was beige, but the green looks bitchin'!
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

It was silver in color. I bought a $15.00 spray gun and 2 quarts of hunter green paint "Rust-Oleum" at Home Depot~~
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Hi Sharkey

I hope your are having a happy and safe holiday . Now, I’m sure you have more important things to do then to keep us in reading materials but work is starting to slow down and it would be nice to catch up on another episode of house trucking soon. Yah know, no pressure :D
Peace along the way
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

I was skipping through the stories about Prakash and grace and there travels and renovations and I was wondering, does he still have grace and is it still useable? It’s such a great little rig.
Peace along the way
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

It's been a couple of years since I heard anything, but I have no reason to think that anything has changed.

BTW, I'm wondering it anyone has noticed that this topic thread, or at least the story it contains, is now a series of pages in book form in the Bus Barn section of the site?

http://www.mrsharkey.com/busbarn/30years/page1

I haven't finished loading in the pages that I've written here in the forum yet, but once I do, maybe I'll take up the tale again, there's still at least 32 years of content left...
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

"It's been a couple of years since I heard anything"

Didn't Prakash head up your way to help you with spucing up your new house? Have you been there a couple of years already? Wow, time goes fast doesn't it.
Peace along the way
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

ATTENTION PROOF READERS:

Did that get your attention?

As I mentioned in a post above, I am in the process of extracting the text of the story from the "30 Years" forum thread and serializing it as a book in the Bus Barn section of the site. The opening page is here (don't click on the link yet):

http://www.mrsharkey.com/busbarn/30years/page0

The reason I'm posting this is because I have just reorganized the pages into chapters, and I think it's all proper, but since it never hurts to have more eyes on the job, I thought I'd throw it out and see if anyone can detect problems I missed.

So far, there are three chapters, with pages within them. There are 22 pages total, plus the "cover" page, which is the page that opens in the link above.

Check out the story so far and see if the links are continuous, that it doesn't jump around from page to the wrong page, etc. the chapters are correct, etc.

I'll be porting over more of the story in the next week or so. When I reach the end of the forum entries of the story, I guess I'll have to write some new ones to continue the tale. :shock:
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

So far it looks pretty good except it goes from page 8 to page 10 then to page 9 :D

Hmm, now im not sure but some thins up right around there :roll:
Peace along the way
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Indeed, a great read! 8)

(The bottom page turner does not match the left-hand menu order from Page 18 to 21 of Chapter 2, it goes 18, 20, 19, 21)

Can't wait to see the next installment, thanks for everything, Sharky! :)
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Yeah, there were a couple of places where it was whacked, several pages had the wrong titles, while others had the same "weight" (how the CMS orders book pages). There is a widget for setting the titles and weight, but you have to look at the individual pages if the titles don't match the page numbers. Thank goodless I numbered the pages sequentially, otherwise it would have been much harder to figure out.

I think I got it fixed, check it again. Don't bother to read the text, but if you can match the page numbers with the menu progression and report any problems.

It will be less confusing when I compose pages one at a time. I edited in eight new pages last night, breaking the existing 14 pages into chapters, (which meant editing each of them) and by the time I was on the last one, I could barely see straight.
southpier

Post by southpier »

c'mon!

time again to "spread the word"

:thumbup:

please?